At Ausgrid we are all about connecting communities, empowering lives.
We are the largest distributor of electricity on the east coast of Australia, providing power to over 1.8 million customers with other 4 million people relying on us every day.
Our network is made up of substations, powerlines, underground cables, and power poles, spanning 22,275 square kilometres throughout Sydney, the Central Coast and the Hunter Valley. Our primary focus is the safe management and operation of the electricity network. Day-to-day we are actively operating, maintaining, repairing, and building our electricity network with a focus on safety and reliability. Our job is to make sure the network is ready for a future where renewables play a major role in the power mix.
We take pride in knowing that the work we collectively achieve today, will transform the world tomorrow.
Our vision is simple; for communities to have the power in a resilient, affordable net-zero future.
Imagine a world where possibilities are widespread. Ausgrid is the forefront of the transitioned future. We are the leader in connecting communities easily to their energy supply choices, while striving for net zero. Are you ready to play your part in an evolving industry?
We value a culture of working and living safely, being customer focussed, commercially minded, collaborative, honest, accountable, and respectful. It is through our values that our employees grow and thrive in our business.
Our people are critical to our success. We are committed to driving diversity and inclusion within our workplace by implementing ambitious gender equity targets. We want our business to reflect the voices of the communities we serve. Our diverse workforce has allowed Ausgrid to create a rich community with shared values and goals amongst our workforce.
To build our future, we are looking to enrich our internal talent with people from all genders, communities, and culturally diverse backgrounds.
Light up your career at Ausgrid!
We empower our teams to challenge the status quo, they own decisions that directly impact the transformation of our network to be safer, smarter, and more sustainable. In return, our employees enjoy an array of benefits including:
Our top benefits
- Employees covered by our Enterprise Agreement enjoy:
- fortnightly Rostered day off (RDO)
- 15% superannuation, which will increase to 15.5% in September 2023
- an annual employee day
- In line with our diverse workforce, we support flexibility in all its forms. This includes but is not limited to condensed work weeks, part-time working, job sharing, remote working, flexible hours, and time off in lieu
- Competitive gender-neutral parental leave provides our employees with 16 weeks of paid leave including superannuation payments
- Our recognition program – Amped – recognises employee contributions, behaviours, and achievements through gift e-cards and quarterly and annual awards
- The Ausgrid Staff Club membership gives you access to a range of discounted entertainment, social events, and access to company-owned holiday accommodation
- We provide access to novated leasing for private use vehicles
Health and wellbeing support
- Employees have access family and domestic violence leave
- Our Employee Assistance Provider - Concierge International - provides a range of support services to our employees at no charge
- Corporate Health Discounts through NIB and Bupa
- Health and Wellness Program provides employees access to gyms/pools across the east coast
- We offer an Annual free flu vaccination program
- Mentoring circles for our women with senior male and female mentors
- We have a generous study assistance program
- We invest in our people’s development through secondments, Ausgrid onsite training, and varied leadership opportunities
- We focus on the talents of our internal workforce. In the last year, over 130 employees were promoted into new roles
- We support corporate social responsibility and enjoy paid community service leave.
- Our employees stick with us with a very low turnover of 3.9%
- We have developed and are executing our fourth Reconciliation Action Plan
Awards and Endorsements
Our community battery trial and the free electric vehicle charging projects contributed to:
- Northern Beaches Council won the 2021 Cities Power Partnership Renewable Energy Achievement Award
- Northern Beaches Council is highly commended for the Keep Australia Beautiful NSW 2021 Sustainable Cities Renewable Energy Awards
- 2021 Energy Network Awards Industry Innovation Award finalists
- RCH Refurb – Design Gold Sydney Design Award 2020
- HRD Best use of Technology Award 2021
- Finalist in the IAP2 Core Values Awards 2021
- Ausgrid was shortlisted in the 2021 CX Awards for Elevating Customer Care
- Judges' Encouragement Award in the IAP2 Core Value Awards 2021
- KangaNews - Australian Corporate issuer of the year 2018
- KangaNews - Australian Syndicated Loan deal of the year 2018
- KangaNews - Australian Corporate issuer of the year 2017
- KangaNews - Australasian Origin US Private Placement deal of the year 2017