Head of NE Operations and Maintenance
Job Type: Full time
- The future of energy is exciting! Join us on our transformation journey
- Competitive REM + Bonus + flexible working arrangements
- Fixed Term 2 years | Potential ongoing opportunities
Just imagine a future where households and businesses can generate their own energy and sell it back to the grid, ultimately connecting communities and empowering lives. Are you ready to play your part in an evolving industry?
Ausgrid is on an exciting transformation journey and now is the time to be a part of something big. We are proud to service Australia’s east coast, as a leading business in energy distribution, delivering a safe and reliable electricity supply to more than 1.8 million homes – that’s over four million Australians relying on us every day.
Our vision is simple; for our communities to have the power for a resilient, affordable net zero future.
We take pride in knowing that the work we collectively achieve today, will transform the world tomorrow. We value a culture of working and living safely, being customer focussed, commercially minded, collaborative, honest, accountable, and respectful. Our values are not just initiatives driven by leaders; they define the way we work.
Meet our team!
The Head of New England Operations and Maintenance (NE O&M) will sit within our newly created group ‘Transmission Development and Growth’ (TD&G) reporting directly to the Group Executive.
TD&G is a dynamic group who will play a significant role in establishing Ausgrid as a key player in the deployment of new large-scale transmission services. We will create low-cost electricity solutions for our customers, by linking households and businesses to renewable energy sources and developing large scale storage options!
Your new role
The Head of NE O&M will lead the development and implementation of Ausgrid’s Operations & Maintenance strategy role in the New England Renewable Energy Zone (REZ) tender opportunity. You will develop safe, competitive, and commercially sensible O&M solutions which can be implemented over the life of the network concession. This role will see you building and implementing the O&M business model for the greenfield transmission network assets for Renewable Energy Zones, as well as develop the strategy of a new stand-alone asset management business.
Find out more about REZ’s here.
Spark our interest!
Our hiring decisions are not only based on your experience and skills, but your passion, attitude, and alignment to our core values.
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Business, Finance, or other appropriate discipline.
- Extensive experience in the operations, asset management and/or maintenance of electricity transmission networks or similar experience from adjacent industries.
- Extensive experience in developing operational and maintenance budgets and engaging service providers / contractors to deliver competitive and efficient outcomes
- Extensive experience with competitive procurement processes, including the development and pricing of commercially sensible solutions.
- Working knowledge of the regulatory framework and contemporary asset management practice in electrical networks.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing effective operational policies / procedures / frameworks.
- Detailed knowledge of relevant operational and maintenance standards, and codes of practice.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across the organisation by building and developing relationships based on trust, integrity, and credibility.
- Demonstrated exposure and experience in risk management.
- Established strong interpersonal skills and experience in negotiation, influencing, and building rapport with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, providing strategic advice.
- Recognised planning, analytical and problem-solving skills, with the demonstrated ability to apply these skills in the context of many competing priorities.
Grow with Ausgrid
To continue building on our rich heritage, we actively invest in our people’s development through secondments, onsite training, mentoring circles, e-learning, Australian Graduate School of Management programs (UNSW) and study assistance.
Revel in more than just a competitive salary! Our employees enjoy a dynamic range of market leading support and safety services, wellbeing programs, corporate discounts, and flexibility arrangements in many forms.
Our people are paramount to the continued success of Ausgrid, therefore celebrating great work is important to us! It’s not just the big wins that count, we have provided our employees the opportunity to applaud peer successes daily through our Amped Recognition Program and annual awards gala.
Belonging at Ausgrid
To deliver the best possible service to our customers we strive towards a workforce that reflects the diverse community that we serve. Ausgrid is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce and we encourage applications from women, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, people with disabilities, people from the LGBTQIA+ community and First Nations people.
Interested, but unsure if you’re the right match? At Ausgrid, we aren’t looking for perfect! If you would like to discuss the opportunity in more detail, please contact Rebecca Crittenden, Senior Advisor Talent Acquisition email@example.com
If you require support with your application/reasonable adjustments for the interview process, please reach out to our dedicated Talent team.