Testing & Calibration (TCA) Technician
Job Type: Full time
- Permanent Full-time | $93,468 + 15.5% Super
- Based at Homebush
- A fortnightly Rostered Day Off (RDO) in support of work life balance
Just imagine a future where households and businesses can generate their own energy and sell it back to the grid, ultimately connecting communities and empowering lives. Are you ready to play your part in an evolving industry?
Ausgrid is on an exciting transformation journey and now is the time to be a part of something big. We are proud to service Australia’s east coast, as a leading business in energy distribution, delivering a safe and reliable electricity supply to more than 1.8 million homes – that’s over four million Australians relying on us every day.
Our vision is simple; for our communities to have the power for a resilient, affordable net zero future.
We take pride in knowing that the work we collectively achieve today, will transform the world tomorrow. We value a culture of working and living safely, being customer focussed, commercially minded, collaborative, honest, accountable, and respectful. Our values are not just initiatives driven by leaders; they define the way we work.
Meet our team!
Is a safety-first culture important to you? At Ausgrid, safety is not just an initiative driven by leaders in the business, it is embedded in our core values. Our employees progress and develop their career in a safe environment.
Our Safety Delivery & Operations group is focussed on delivering a safe and reliable electricity network 24/7 and play a major role in building and maintaining Ausgrid’s network. As part of the Transmission & Services Business unit, you will be joining the Network test team.
Join us as the Testing & Calibration (TCA) Technician based at our depot in Homebush!
Your new role
Reporting to the Portfolio Manager Network Test, the TCA Technician will have an essential role in the testing, calibration and repair of our distribution equipment and instrumentation.
As the TCA Technician, you will be given an opportunity to elevate your career in a business that is revolutionising the world of energy.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Conduct fault finding, testing and associated repair of equipment.
- Conduct substation inspections on earthing systems – inspect every 6 months and tested every 3 years.
- Prepare relevant documentation such as the development of basic reports and collect, collate, and store relevant technical data.
- Undertake audits, inspections, and compliance-based documentation as per policies, standards, and work instructions.
Spark our interest!
Our hiring decisions are not only based on your experience and skills, but we also take into consideration your passion, attitude, and alignment to our core values.
Energise us through your skills and qualifications in:
- Qualified Tradesman – Cert III in Electrotechnology Electrician (or equivalent).
- Class C drivers’ licence.
- Sound knowledge of relevant statutes, regulations and procedures such as safe working practices, network standards and codes of practice.
- Asbestos awareness and experience working safely with asbestos materials related to cable jointing.
- Demonstrated experience in the application of safe manual handling techniques.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively communicating with others, including customers.
Grow with Ausgrid
To continue building on our rich heritage, we actively invest in our people’s development through secondments, onsite training, mentoring circles, e-learning, Australian Graduate School of Management programs (UNSW) and study assistance.
It is through our investment in our people that the average tenure across the business is 14 years and our current turnover is sitting at a market competitive rate of just 3.9%.
Revel in more than just a competitive salary! Our employees enjoy a dynamic range of market leading support and safety services, wellbeing programs, corporate discounts, and flexibility arrangements in many forms.
Our people are paramount to the continued success of Ausgrid, therefore celebrating great work is important to us! It’s not just the big wins that count, we have provided our employees the opportunity to applaud peer successes daily through our Amped Recognition Program. But let’s not forget the major milestones! For those ready to exceed expectations, anticipate a nomination for a CEO award at our formal end of year Award gala.
Belonging at Ausgrid
To deliver the best possible service to our customers we strive towards a workforce that reflects the diverse community that we serve. Ausgrid is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce and we encourage applications from women, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, people with disabilities, people from the LGBTQIA+ community and First Nations people.
If you require support with your application/reasonable adjustments for the interview process, we want to hear from you.