Senior Payroll Officer
Job Type: Full time
- End-to-End Payroll > SAP Payroll and HRIS (SF) and time management systems > Payroll Reporting
- Solid Practical Payroll expertise > Fast-paced! > Gain exposure to the Energy sector
- Collaborative > Inclusive > Flexible > Truly Hybrid Work Environment
We’re an energised team who is passionate about our customers, strive for operational excellence and a sustainable future for our people and our community.
About the Role
The Senior Payroll Officer plays a key role in processing end-to-end payroll across all Ausnet divisions. Focussing on both operational payroll functionality, as well as Spinifex reporting for the payroll process, this role will deliver an end-to-end, multi-state fortnightly payroll cycle in a collaborative and hybrid team environment.
This role is unique blend of payroll and administrative duties which will provide exposure to complex EBA/EA environments, with an opportunity to learn systems implementation concepts.
It is ideal for a subject matter expert in legislative nuances, such as Superannuation, STP, Payroll Tax and Work Cover in multiple states; and someone who is practical, positive, and has a continuous improvement mindset with direct exposure in an internal payroll team – this role will provide an opportunity to make a genuine difference.
Additionally, this role’s success is measured by accuracy, and continuous improvement, whilst focusing on providing comprehensive controls, reporting and advice to the business on payroll related matters.
This role will report to the Payroll Lead with a base location at Southbank, Victoria. We support flexible working practices in a truly hybrid workplace, with a blend of office and remote working.
What you will deliver
- A fortnightly pay cycle (1500 employees) as well as adhoc payments as needed
- Ensure payroll related payments are processed accurately and efficiently via regular reconciliation processes and internal and external audits
- Deliver consistent and clear Payroll reporting, plus varied administrative tasks relating to payroll
- System update requests in line with new legislation/contractual/policy changes as needed
- Assist in establishing systems and controls to ensure payroll data integrity
- Provide timely and accurate information/data/estimates to internal and external stakeholder groups
- Identify process improvement opportunities and collaborate with the wider to implement efficiencies in the system and payroll operations
- Contribute to payroll related projects
What we like about you
- Must have proven experience in true end-to-end payroll capability
- Worked with Enterprise Agreements, Awards, and various other employment contractual arrangements
- The ability to collaborate across complex business structures, and support matrix organisations with payroll related enquiries
- Deep legislative knowledge of Multi state Payroll Tax, Workcover and Super and STP
- Extensive experience with SAP HR, SuccessFactors including Employee Central (Payroll and/or HR related modules)
- Exposure to Spinifex or similar reporting tools
- Strong Mathematical, analytical and excel skillsets
- Flexible work attitude to cope with fluctuations of work and business demands
What we offer at AusNet
- A diverse, inclusive and supportive team culture who supports you to lead and achieve
- Flexible working options are fully supported, part-time or a job share arrangements will be considered to better balance work, personal and family commitments
- A wide range of employee benefits such as competitive salary, salary sacrifice options and recognition
- Learning culture with ongoing development and career opportunities and supportive team environment focused on creating a great place to work
- Plus, more!
We think outside the box
At AusNet you don’t need to check every box. Sure, we have key requirements and they’re important, but we also know that the best candidate for the job may not have all the experience and expertise that we’ve listed for the role yet. So, if you’ve looked at our job ad and ruled it out because you didn’t check every box, but you have the experience and capabilities for a portion of the role maybe it’s time to reconsider. Tell us why you’re interested in working for AusNet, your career aspirations and what your diverse perspective, capability and experience will bring to our team.
If you have queries about the role before you apply, please reach out to email@example.com stating the role title you are enquiring about and our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch.
Or apply now to join our energised team - click ‘apply’ to submit your CV
Inclusion and Diversity are important to us. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, one that fosters belonging, where everyone brings their unique strengths and innovative ideas.
As a company that provides energy services, AusNet and its employees need to comply with government health directions relating to the utility industry and its workers. If your application progresses and you have any questions relating to this please feel free to discuss with the Hiring Manager or TA Consultant.