Manager, Outage & Access Planning
Job Type: Contract/temp
- Drive greater productivity & efficiency benefits within the Access & Outage Planning function
- Continuous improvement mindset > People capability focus
- A Career with Purpose > Collaborative > Inclusive > Flexible Work Environment
We’re an energised team who is passionate about our customers, strive for operational excellence and a sustainable future for our people and our community.
About the Role
As the Manager, Access & Outage Planning, this role will see you leading our Access & Outage Planning function (team of up to 30), ensuring high levels of compliance and productivity, building a high performing team and enhancing processes and outcomes for customers. You will be accountable for system and process product ownership, access planning and coordination across the distribution network
This role will report to the General Manager, Network Control & Operations located in Melbourne, Victoria.
We are a flexible and truly hybrid workplace.
What you will deliver
- Foster the development and growth of team, building nurturing, supportive and high performing outcomes and environment
- Manage a team to ensure safe and secure access to the network for planned works (e.g. for maintenance or installation of assets), including understanding customer impacts, compliance requirements, maximising incentive schemes, ensuring reliability and performance outcomes
- Manage process improvements and capability uplift as aligned to the strategic objectives of the group, supporting the team through times of change
- Contribute to our ability to deliver our services by demonstrating an understanding of work health safety and cyber security standards and applying them to relevant activities in the workplace
- Influence continuous improvement and positive outcomes so they are viewed as adding value
- Manage Access Governance framework and forums designed to ensure consistently high safety and operational standards
- Be adaptive to changes and innovations in the digital landscape that can help us grow our network and support the energy transition
Note: On Call: The role will support an out of hours roster for emergency management team response (approx. 1 week in 8).
What we like about you
- Demonstrated years’ experience within the industry engaging and transforming culture and performance, nurturing capability through a time of industry and business change, seeking effective and efficient outcomes
- Keeping customers and people front of mind during change and helping them through any transformation is important to you
- You are highly collaborative with team and peers, building collaborative relationships across all levels
- You are creative and innovative
Inclusion and Diversity
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, one that fosters belonging, where everyone brings their unique strengths and innovative ideas.
AusNet partners with Work180, Supply Nation and Kinaway to support these diversity pillars and has Employee Network Groups that support Pride and LGBTQIA+, Cultural and Ethnic Awareness, Disability, Working Parents Group, Women’s Network and Young Professionals Network.
What we offer at AusNet
- A diverse, inclusive, and supportive team culture who supports you to lead and achieve
- We care about what flexibility means to you and flexible working options are fully supported, to better balance work, personal and family commitments
- A wide range of employee benefits such as income protection, corporate discounts, salary sacrifice options including novated leasing
- Learning culture with ongoing development and career opportunities to enable a career with purpose
At AusNet you don’t need to check every box.
We have key requirements which are important, but we also know that the best candidate may not tick all the boxes so, if you have the experience and capabilities for a portion of the role, Apply Now to join our energised team.