Project Engineering Lead
Job Type: Full time
- Energy Leader > Sustainable future
- Provide project engineering leadership
- Use your technical skills to lead development of customer & company-initiated projects across our electricity transmission and distribution networks
We’re an energised team who is passionate about our customers, strive for operational excellence and a sustainable future for our people and our community.
About the Role
This exciting role is at the forefront of the energy transition, and it’s a chance for you to contribute to a better future for all.
As the Project Engineering Lead. this role will see you leading a team of engineers who are accountable for engineering options analysis and scope development. You will provide and use your technical leadership skills to lead the development of scopes and estimates for Customer and Company initiated projects across AusNet’s electricity transmission and distribution networks. You will drive innovation and ensure best practice engineering principles are applied to ensure that cost effective and constructible scopes can be delivered.
This role will report to the Group Leader, Project Development, within our high performing Engineering Solutions team, with a base location at Southbank, Victoria.
We are a flexible and truly hybrid workplace.
What you will deliver
- Play an active role in managing team resource allocation
- Monitor and manage timely delivery of project scopes
- Lead the production of project scopes to ensure technical requirements are met by:
o Reviewing/checking all documents, business cases submitted as final handover to initiator
o Active engagement in constructability, operability and maintainability (COM) reviews
o Ensure all technical disciplines have been considered (Primary/Civil/Structural, Secondary, Comms, lines)
- Detailed technical knowledge and extensive experience in electricity networks engineering
- Breadth of engineering knowledge to support scoping of transmission and distribution projects
What we like about you
- Previous demonstrated projects experience in primary &/or secondary engineering projects
- Significant experience working as a Project Engineer &/or within electrical detailed design and commissioning
- Previous experience leading successful engineering teams
- Tertiary qualification in Electrical Engineering or similar
- Demonstrated management and involvement in a number of projects simultaneously from conception through detailed design, delivery and construction
Inclusion and Diversity
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, one that fosters belonging, where everyone brings their unique strengths and innovative ideas.
AusNet partners with Work180, Supply Nation and Kinaway to support these diversity pillars and has Employee Network Groups that support Pride and LGBTQIA+, Cultural and Ethnic Awareness, Disability, Working Parents Group, Women’s Network and Young Professionals Network.
What we offer at AusNet
- A diverse, inclusive, and supportive team culture who supports you to lead and achieve
- We care about what flexibility means to you and flexible working options are fully supported, to better balance work, personal and family commitments
- A wide range of employee benefits such as income protection, corporate discounts, salary sacrifice options including novated leasing
- Learning culture with ongoing development and career opportunities to enable a career with purpose
At AusNet you don’t need to check every box.
We have key requirements which are important, but we also know that the best candidate may not tick all the boxes so, if you have the experience and capabilities for a portion of the role, Apply Now to join our energised team.