WRL Senior Project Development Manager
Job Type: Full time
- High Profile Project - Western Renewable Link Project
- Deliver positive social and economic outcomes
- Supportive and dynamic team culture
We’re an energised team who is passionate about our customers, strive for operational excellence and a sustainable future for our people and our community.
About the Role:
The Western Renewables Link Project (WRL) is the largest transmission build of its kind in more than three decades. WRL is a critical piece of transmission infrastructure required to deliver energy from wind and solar farms in western Victoria to homes across the state and to the National Electricity Market.
As Senior Project Development Manager you are responsible for project management activities related to the Design, Delivery and Procurement relating to the Development phase.
This role will report to the PMO Lead - Western Renewables Link with a base location at Southbank or Ballarat Victoria.
The majority of the work will be undertaken across the local government areas of Pyrenees, Northern Grampians, Ballarat, Hepburn, Moorabool and Melton.
The role may be based in these regional areas, or located in our regional and head offices, noting that travel will be a requirement of the job.
We are a flexible and truly hybrid workplace.
What you will deliver:
- Development of required input to management papers, Board papers and commercial negotiations as required; this includes regular liaison with internal stakeholders.
- Ensure all commercial, regulatory and contractual obligations are met, including, but not limited to: Health, Safety & Environment; landowner agreements; planning consents; and insurance.
- Influence continuous improvement through methods such as post-implementation evaluation and assessment of results against project plans; actively collaborate to share insights and wins with others.
- Keep abreast of the energy transition and apply knowledge of current and proposed energy policy and regulatory frameworks at Federal, state and local government levels.
- Enable accelerated culture change by fostering care, curiosity and connection through a tangible and measurable ‘Listen, Learn and Act’ approach to employee feedback that aligns with AusNet’s values.
- Build the foundations required to move at pace by looking beyond what we do today and testing new ways of doing things.
- Embody a safety-first culture through contributing to Recordable Injury Frequency Rate targets, Safety and environment incident reporting and team mental health awareness.
What we like about you:
- Experience in Project Development Management in Infrastructure, Renewables or Energy (Planning and Approval experience a bonus).
- A tertiary qualification in Engineering is preferred.
- A high level of organisational skills and demonstrated effectiveness handling multiple tasks, setting priorities, managing timeframes and meeting deadlines under pressure.
- A strong communicator with a strong degree of EQ to liaise with diverse stakeholder groups.
- Strong writing and editing skills and comfort working across different media inclusive of presentations, correspondence and email.
- Strong commercial and financial acumen.
Inclusion and Diversity
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, one that fosters belonging, where everyone brings their unique strengths and innovative ideas.
AusNet partners with Work180, Supply Nation and Kinaway to support these diversity pillars and has Employee Network Groups that support Pride and LGBQTIA+, Cultural and Ethnic Awareness, Disability, Working Parents Group, Women’s Network and Young Professionals Network.
What we offer at AusNet
- A diverse, inclusive, and supportive team culture who supports you to lead and achieve
- We care about what flexibility means to you and flexible working options are fully supported, to better balance work, personal and family commitments
- A wide range of employee benefits such as income protection, corporate discounts, salary sacrifice options including novated leasing
- Learning culture with ongoing development and career opportunities to enable a career with purpose
At AusNet you don’t need to check every box.