Senior Engineer Remote Systems
Job Type: Full time
- In a rapidly evolving energy sector this role ensures the reliability of networks.
- Deliver subject matter expertise in Remote Systems > build on your technical capabilities
- Careers with Purpose > Collaborative > Inclusive
It’s an exciting time to work in energy. As the owners and operators of Victoria’s energy networks, we’re at the center of the transition.
We’re an energised team who is passionate about our customers, strive for operational excellence and a sustainable future for our people and our community.
About the Role
We have an opportunity available for a Senior Engineer for Remote Systems of Electricity Transmission and Distribution, this role requires:
- Provision of specialist expertise to facilitate and execute support, maintenance, development, and continual improvement of AusNet’s Remote SCADA and associated systems, including Cyber security, for the electricity transmission and distribution networks.
- A high focus on responding to and resolving incidents, problems, and requests to ensure availability, capacity, reliability, maintainability, and serviceability of the solution at all times, in line with agreed performance targets and service levels.
- Ensures remote station data reliability, accuracy, and integrity for the Customer & Energy Operations Team (CEOT) operations and the Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO).
- Active development of the Product roadmaps and maintain their alignment with the Application and Infrastructure vendors’ capabilities.
- Taking technical leadership and responsibility for development of projects, mentoring, and providing technical guidance to less experienced colleagues.
This role will report to the Remote Systems Manager & OT Lead and is located at Yarraville, Victoria.
What you will deliver
- Actively maintain knowledge in Remote SCADA Systems Conduct business readiness assessments, evaluate results, and present findings in a logical and easy to understand manner.
- Draft and maintain procedures and documentation for application support.
- Apply data analysis, design, modelling, and quality assurance techniques, based upon a detailed understanding of business processes, to establish, modify or maintain data structures and associated components.
- Provide advice, assistance and leadership with the planning, design and improvements of service and component availability.
- Design, code, verify, test, document, amend and refactor complex programs/scripts and integration software services.
- Monitor the application and compliance of security administration procedures and review information systems for actual or potential breaches in security.
- Investigate escalated incidents to responsible Technology service owners and seek resolution.
What we like about you
- High level of experience for the design and operation of Remote SCADA systems, across the full application lifecycle – with exposure to integrated Asset Data models (e.g., SAP Asset Management, Schneider CitectSCADA HMI and RTU, Microsol RTU, Cooper Gateways, GPS Clocks) is favourable
- Leadership, project management and mentoring skills and experience to lead peer and junior team members through a high period of change.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with both positive and negative outcomes/feedback.
- Receptive to feedback and ideas from others. Able to meet deadlines and targets.
- Experience within a complex utility business that have end-to-end processes and internal and external service providers is favourable
- Communication and collaboration skills across business, supplier and partners spread across a broad geography is favourable
- ITIL process and multi-service provider knowledge and experience is favourable
Inclusion and Diversity
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, one that fosters belonging, where everyone brings their unique strengths and innovative ideas.
AusNet partners with Work180, Supply Nation and Kinaway to support these diversity pillars and has Employee Network Groups that support Pride and LGBTQIA+, Cultural and Ethnic Awareness, Disability, Working Parents Group, Women’s Network and Young Professionals Network.
What we offer at AusNet
- A diverse, inclusive, and supportive team culture who supports you to lead and achieve
- We care about what flexibility means to you and flexible working options are fully supported, to better balance work, personal and family commitments
- A wide range of employee benefits such as income protection, corporate discounts, salary sacrifice options including novated leasing
- Learning culture with ongoing development and career opportunities to enable a career with purpose
At AusNet you don’t need to check every box.
We have key requirements which are important, but we also know that the best candidate may not tick all the boxes so, if you have the experience and capabilities for a portion of the role, Apply Now to join our energised team.