Engineer Remote Systems
Job Type: Full time
- In a rapidly evolving energy sector this role ensures the reliability of networks.
- Deliver expertise in Remote Systems > build on your technical capabilities
- Careers with Purpose > Collaborative > Inclusive > Flexible Work Environment
It’s an exciting time to work in energy. As the owners and operators of Victoria’s energy networks, we’re at the centre of the transition.
We’re an energised team who is passionate about our customers, strive for operational excellence and a sustainable future for our people and our community.
About the Role
We have an opportunity available for a Remote Systems Engineer of Electricity Transmission and Distribution, this role requires:
- Provision of expertise to facilitate and execute support, maintenance, development, and continual improvement of AusNet’s Remote SCADA and associated systems, including Cyber security, for the electricity transmission and distribution networks.
- A high focus on responding to and resolving incidents, problems and requests to ensure availability, capacity, reliability, maintainability and serviceability of the solution at all times, in line with agreed performance targets and service levels.
- Ensures remote station data reliability, accuracy and integrity for the Customer & Energy Operations Team (CEOT) operations and the Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO).
- Provides support to other divisions by undertaking configuration, testing and commissioning of new or augmented electricity network elements.
This role will report to the Remote Systems Manager & OT Lead and is located at Yarraville, Victoria.
We are a flexible and truly hybrid workplace.
What you will deliver
- Responsibility for installation projects, providing effective team leadership, including information flow to and from the customer during project work.
- Develops and implements quality plans and method statements. Monitors the effectiveness of installations and ensures that appropriate recommendations for change are made.
- Devises and implements master data management processes, including classification, security, quality, ethical principles, retrieval and retention processes. Plans effective data storage, sharing and publishing within the organisation.
- Contributes to the availability management process and its operation and performs defined availability management tasks.
- Provides technical expertise to enable the configuration of software, other system components and equipment for systems testing. Defines complex/new integration builds.
What we like about you
- Experience in the design and operation of Remote SCADA systems, across the full application lifecycle – with exposure to Transmission and Distribution applications and integrated Asset Data models (eg, SAP Asset Management, Schneider CitectSCADA HMI and RTU, Microsol RTU, Cooper Gateways) is favourable
- Bachelor’s Degree qualification in Electrical Engineering or Digital/Technology related field is highly desirable
- Relevant electrical and power systems knowledge or qualifications with applied experience in the field of expertise is desirable
- Experience with complex utility businesses that have end-to-end processes and internal and external service providers is desirable
- Communication and collaboration skills across business, supplier and partners spread across a broad geography
Inclusion and Diversity
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, one that fosters belonging, where everyone brings their unique strengths and innovative ideas.
AusNet partners with Work180, Supply Nation and Kinaway to support these diversity pillars and has Employee Network Groups that support Pride and LGBTQIA+, Cultural and Ethnic Awareness, Disability, Working Parents Group, Women’s Network and Young Professionals Network.
What we offer at AusNet
- A diverse, inclusive, and supportive team culture who supports you to lead and achieve
- We care about what flexibility means to you and flexible working options are fully supported, to better balance work, personal and family commitments
- A wide range of employee benefits such as income protection, corporate discounts, salary sacrifice options including novated leasing
- Learning culture with ongoing development and career opportunities to enable a career with purpose
At AusNet you don’t need to check every box.
We have key requirements which are important, but we also know that the best candidate may not tick all the boxes so, if you have the experience and capabilities for a portion of the role, Apply Now to join our energised team.