Senior Business Analyst
Job Type: Full time
We are Australia's largest superannuation fund, here to help members achieve their best possible retirement outcome. We create meaningful value for members and our communities through our diverse workforce of high performing, motivated employees, based across Australia.
Your new team
Our Strategy & Corporate Affairs group sets the Fund's strategic direction and guides decisions towards our strategic goals. Within this group, you will be working as part of the Business Architecture and Analysis team within the Strategic Delivery Office.
It is a passionate and dedicated team, led by managers who advocate for their people, are open and approachable, and who share their knowledge. Our environment enables you to seize exciting career opportunities, to feel trusted and respected, and to lead a fulfilling life with true workplace flexibility.
Your new role
In this role, you will be responsible for solving business problems for your stakeholders, identifying opportunities for improvements, providing recommendations, gathering & qualifying business requirements/user stories and the development of various artefacts to ensure successful implementation of new software, digital products and/or business processes. You will work as an integral part of a project team to deliver projects and will make an impact to our members at AustralianSuper. This role is a 24-month contract.
- Support successful delivery of defined project outcomes
- Conduct high level business analysis, defining and documenting business, functional, non-functional and process requirements
- Undertake critical analysis of current state solutions to identify and document business processes and lead the definition and documentation of future state business processes
- Elicit project requirements using various methods, including interviews, document reviews, requirements workshops, surveys, data analysis, interface analysis, researching and resolving issues
- Draft detailed requirements and related documentation
- Ensure all documents are written using clear and concise language
- Ensure documents meet all relevant standards and are compliant with the initiative brief and internal Fund requirements, policies, and procedures
- Work closely with the project manager regarding priorisation and estimation of levels of efforts, inter-dependencies, risks, and impacts
- Participate in and contribute to the Business Analysis practice initiatives
What you'll need
- Demonstrated experience in Risk, Compliance and/or Regulatory projects
- Experience within financial services and/or superannuation
- Senior business analyst experience, working on successful delivery of significant projects/initiatives
- Proven ability to successfully gather requirements and get results with minimal supervision
- Ability to interpret business needs and translate into requirements
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and research skills, with a strong attention to detail
- High levels of initiative with the ability to deal with multiple projects simultaneously, managing conflicting priorities
- Strong oral and written communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to influence internal/external stakeholders to achieve defined and emerging project outcomes and the ability to build strong and sustainable working relationships
- Tertiary qualifications in a business, commerce, computer science, information systems, psychology, or related field
What you'll get in return
You will be working with a People Leader who values and supports your personal growth, in a growing, dynamic and authentic organisation that promotes integrity and puts members first.
We are proud to be a WGEA certified Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (since 2012). We are committed to the recruitment, development, and support of a diverse workforce into an environment which is inclusive, embraces diversity in all its forms and is a place where you can be you.
All roles can flex at AustralianSuper, and we are happy to discuss what this can look like for you. Please talk to us about the flexibility you are seeking, and we will explore what is possible for this role.
Other benefits include a competitive salary, genuine flexible working arrangements, income protection insurance and generous leave entitlements.
Please apply now, if you share our values of Energy, Integrity, Generosity of Spirit and Excellent Outcomes and would like the opportunity to work in a challenging, growing and rapidly evolving team to deliver outstanding results.
Progress, powered by purpose.
Agencies please note: this vacancy is being managed directly by AustralianSuper's Recruitment team. We will contact our preferred agency partners should we require additional support. Thank you.