Operational Excellence Intern
Job Type: Full time
- Kick start your career in Operational Excellence with a global company!
- Be part of our journey of significant growth and expansion
- Gain real-life experience prior to your final year
About the role
Our paid Internship Programme is designed for university students in their penultimate year. Commencing in November 2023 and located at Devonport Navy Base, this is an opportunity to grow and develop your skills whilst completing your tertiary studies.
The programme is integral in growing Babcock’s capability within Defence and creating a pipeline of talent to power the future growth of our business.
If you are currently in your penultimate year of your studies, working towards a Degree in Business Management, Business Administration, Computer Science or Mathematics then this program is designed for you!
The programme is 12 weeks full-time from November 2023 until February 2024 and will provide you with a range of opportunities that will see you grow and strengthen your technical and soft skills over the summer break. You will receive exceptional mentoring and hands on experience from our team of experts including your buddy, manager and business unit directors.
We are committed to investing in your future and at the successful completion of your internship there is the possibility of part-time employment in our team while you finish your qualification, where you will have the flexibility to adjust your days each semester and be supported in balancing your studies whilst gathering valuable work experience.
As an Intern, you will need to:
- Be in your penultimate year of relevant studies;
- Be legally entitled to work in New Zealand in order to obtain New Zealand Defence Security Clearance;
- Have exceptional communication skills;
- Demonstrate outstanding initiative and be able to prioritise well;
- Be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Be able to commence our programme on 23rd November 2023.
Who we are
Babcock International Group, the aerospace and defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century.
Across Australia and New Zealand, Babcock has grown to a team of over 1,600 talented people, and we are on a path of continued growth and expansion. We operate across sectors such as defence, commercial marine, aviation, airports, communications, emergency services and engineering consultancy. To provide you some local context, some of the programmes our team are proud to be a part of involve:
- Providing emergency medical and search & rescue aviation services through our Aviation & Critical Services business;
- Designing and supporting key systems for submarines and surface ships through our Marine business;
- Providing fleet wide through life support and asset management services for Navy customers;
- Managing critical assets for a range of sectors through our Land Business;
- Providing strategically vital complex distributed systems programs to our Defence customers.
Your future at Babcock – what we offer you
We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career as well as:
- Provide you with buddy and mentor programmes – professional and technical;
- Connect you globally through our early careers network;
- Provide an agile work environment where you’re able to work onsite and remotely, and to set you up for this we provide a laptop and working from home kit if required, in addition we offer compressed hours which can provide even more flexibility;
- Give you access to beRewarded which will provide you with endless discounts across retail, health, entertainment and much more;
- Support your wellbeing through our online wellbeing program Munch, Mind, Move, Money, provide access to our employee assistance program plus you can access two days annually from your personal leave as wellbeing days;
- Give you access to our work life integration policy which brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, wellbeing leave, volunteer leave;
- Encourage you to participate in our weRecognise programme which is an opportunity to recognise the outstanding work our people do each and every day in living our principles which are Be kind, Collaborate, Be Curious, Think Outcomes, Be Courageous and Own & Deliver.
So, what are you waiting for?
If you’re ready to kick start your career with a global company apply today whose purpose is to create a safe and secure world, together, jump online and submit you application. Remember to attach your resume plus current transcripts.
Applications close Sunday 23 April 2023.
To learn more about us visit www.babcock.com.au
We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds and experience however, the successful candidate must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and capable of obtaining a New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) Security Clearance.
Please note, should your application progress you may be required to complete pre-employment checks. These checks may include but not limited to, reference checks, MOJ, security check, qualifications and right to work.
Babcock Australasia is a Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant
Job Req # SF50056