Location: South Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
- Kick start your Engineering career with a global company
- Be part of our journey of significant growth and expansion
- A new and exciting programme
About the role
Babcock Australasia are currently looking for our next cohort of Graduates to support, develop and mentor as our future leaders in what is going to be an integral part of the Defence Industry.
If you are currently undertaking or near completion of your studies towards a Degree or Masters in Electronics Engineering or Mechanical Engineering, then this program is designed for you! The programme will see you bring all your knowledge and enthusiasm to light and bridge the gap between formal education and the workplace. In return we will reward you with a collaborative work environment and an engaging programme where you will learn from the industry experts.
Commencing in February 2024, and based in our South Melbourne office, the programme will run full time for 24 months, drawing on a range of development activities that will see you grow and strengthen your technical and soft skills, preparing you for a meaningful career.
With the opportunity to work across various disciplines and contracts, you will expand your network and build your skills which will propel your career journey and open up career pathways.
As a Graduate, you will need to:
- Be in your final year of study of a University Degree; or
- Have completed your Degree or Masters in Engineering;
- Be an Australian Citizen in order to be eligible for Defence Security Clearance;
- Possess exceptional communication skills;
- Demonstrate initiative and the ability to prioritise workload;
- Be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Be able to commence our program in February 2024.
Your future at Babcock – what we offer you
We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career as well as:
- Support you with further education, LinkedIn Learning access and leave for your Graduation day;
- Provide you with buddy and mentor programmes – professional and technical;
- Connect you globally through our early careers network;
- Provide an agile work environment where you’re able to work onsite and remotely, and to set you up for this we provide a laptop and working from home kit if required, in addition we offer compressed hours which can provide even more flexibility;
- Give you access to beRewarded which will provide you with endless discounts across retail, health, entertainment and much more;
- Support your wellbeing through our online wellbeing program Munch, Mind, Move, Money, provide access to our employee assistance program plus you can access two days annually from your personal leave as wellbeing days;
- Give you access to our work life integration policy which brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, wellbeing leave, volunteer leave;
- Encourage you to participate in our weRecognise programme which is an opportunity to recognise the outstanding work our people do each and every day in living our principles which are Be kind, Collaborate, Be Curious, Think Outcomes, Be Courageous and Own & Deliver.
So, what are you waiting for?
If you’re ready to kick start your career with a global company apply today whose purpose is to create a safe and secure world, together, jump online and submit you application. Remember to attach your resume plus current transcripts.
Applications close Sunday 23 April 2023.
We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds and experience however, due to the defence orientation of this role, the successful candidate must be eligible to obtain Baseline Security Clearance, as defined in the AGSVA guidelines.
Please note, should your application progress you may be required to complete pre-employment checks. These checks may include but not limited to, reference checks, police check, security check, qualifications and right to work.
Babcock Australasia is a Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.
Job req # SF50044