Job Type: Full time
Babcock New Zealand is looking for a Shipwright/Lagger to join our highly skilled team on the Devonport Naval Base.
About the role
- $34 per hour base rate
- 1.5x hourly rate after 40hrs
- 2x hourly rate after 43hrs
- Extra allowances
In this role, you will Execute a range of Shipwright activities associated with ship and shore-based Maintenance, Repair, Overhaul and Installation activities including but not limited to
- Build keel blocking, cradles, shoring, cribbing, and other structures to support ships within the Babcock NZ Dry Dock or Slipways.
- Repair, Manufacture and install Furniture, Cabinetry, Bulkheads & Deck Head structures windows and doors in commercial and marine structures
- Laying, replacing and repairing of floor coverings such as carpet, linoleum, vinyl and wooden flooring.
- Carry out Lagging or Insulation installs, repairs or removals
- Carry out General Carpentry requirements including Maintenance of Babcock leased buildings
You will have a Trade Certificate (Level 4) in a relevant Boatbuilding, Woodworking, Cabinetmaking or Construction discipline.
- Offer a wide variety of Shipwright, Boatbuilding & Carpentry skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to make decisions quickly and confidently in emergencies
- Excellent communication and customer relation skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a complex environment while maintaining composure and task focus
- Ability to read & interpret working drawings and structural plans.
Your future at Babcock – what we offer you
- You’ll have access to beRewarded which will provide you with endless discounts across retail, health, entertainment, travel and much more, plus novated leasing options and corporate shares plan;
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program Munch, Mind, Move, Money, access to our employee assistance program plus you can access two days annually from your personal leave as wellbeing days;
- You’ll be able to participate in our weRecognise program which is an opportunity to recognise the outstanding work our people do each and every day in living our principles which are Be kind, Collaborate, Be Curious, Think Outcomes, Be Courageous and Own & Deliver
Who we are
Babcock International Group, the aerospace and defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century.
Across Australia and New Zealand, Babcock has grown to a team of over 1,300 talented people, and we are on a path of continued growth and expansion. We operate across sectors such as defence, commercial marine, aviation, airports, communications, emergency services and engineering consultancy. To provide you some local context, some of the programs our team are proud to be a part of involve:
- Designing and supporting key systems for submarines and surface ships through our Marine business;
- Providing fleet wide through life support and asset management services for Navy customers;
So, if you would like to join us and help create a safe and secure world, together, please apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
To learn more about us visit www.babcock.com.au
We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds and experience however, the successful candidate must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and capable of obtaining a New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) Security Clearance.
Please note, should your application progress you may be required to complete pre-employment checks. These checks may include but not limited to, reference checks, MOJ, security check, qualifications and right to work.
Babcock Australasia is a Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.
Job Req #49951