Mission System Design Lead
Job Type: Full time
About the role
Babcock have recently been awarded a major multi-year program to upgrade the Australian Defence Force’s High Frequency Communications System. The new system will provide Australia and allied armed forces with the ability to securely communicate using voice and other data from almost any location across the globe!
This is an exciting new role and a great opportunity to lead the program Mission System and Specialty Engineering services in support of the design, delivery, acceptance and sustainment of the Enhanced Defence High Frequency Communications System.
Whether you’re performing complex systems engineering activities, producing high quality technical documentation and drawings or contributing to the mission system design, this role will ensure no two days are the same and give your variety in your role.
Ideally you will have
- Australian Citizen with NV1 security clearance (or the ability to obtain).
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Demonstrated systems engineering experience coupled with preference for engineering experience in a RF, HF and/or communications relevant discipline.
- Experience in requirements definition, interface definition, subsystem design, installation supervision, set to work, and commissioning.
- Well established verbal and written communication skills, with ability to engage with all business stakeholders.
- An understanding of the Defence Capability Life Cycle is desirable.
What we offer you
- Our work life integration policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, wellbeing leave, paid parental leave, defence reservist leave plus more;
- We offer flexible working arrangements where possible to help employees find the right balance between work and home life;
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, supported by our capability framework plus ongoing access to self-led learning modules through LinkedIn Learning and access to study leave;
- You’ll have access to beRewarded which will provide you with endless discounts across retail, health, entertainment, travel and much more, plus novated leasing options and corporate shares plan;
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program Munch, Mind, Move, Money, access to our employee assistance program plus you can access two days annually from your personal leave as wellbeing days;
- You’ll be able to participate in our weRecognise program which is an opportunity to recognise the outstanding work our people do each and every day.
Who we are
Babcock International Group, the aerospace and defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century.
Across Australia and New Zealand, Babcock has grown to a team of over 1,600 talented people, and we are on a path of continued growth and expansion. We operate across sectors such as defence, commercial marine, aviation, airports, communications, emergency services and engineering consultancy.
Some of the programs our team across Australia and New Zealand are proud to be a part of involve:
- Providing emergency medical and search & rescue aviation services through our Aviation & Critical Services business;
- Designing and supporting key systems for submarines and surface ships through our Marine business;
- Providing fleet wide through life support and asset management services for Navy customers;
- Managing critical assets for a range of sectors through our Land Business.
So, if you would like to join us and help create a safe and secure world, together, please apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
To learn more about Babcock visit www.babcock.com.au
We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds and experience however, due to the defence orientation of this role, the successful candidate must be eligible to obtain NV1 Security Clearance, as defined in the AGSVA guidelines.
Please note, should your application progress you may be required to complete pre-employment checks. These checks may include but not limited to, reference checks, police check, security check, qualifications and right to work.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. To comply with public health orders or our customer requirements, some roles within the business will be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 to gain access to sites. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
Babcock Australasia is a Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant