Aviation Risk and Safety Assurance Advisor
Job Type: Full time
- Could be based from SA, VIC or QLD
- Provide assurance activities in support of the HSEQ department
- Be part of a growing industry
About the role
This role provides assurance activities in support of the Aviation & Critical Services HSEQ department, through coordinating and undertaking audits and reviews, triaging safety reports and making recommendations for safety improvements, facilitating risk management and management of change processes, and conducting continuous improvement activities.
The role is required to identify areas of non-compliance or non-conformance, conduct investigations, write reports and make recommendations for safety and quality improvements, and work with the HSEQ department and BUs to deliver safety initiatives.
You will have a strong background within Aviation, preferably in an environment where you have experience conducting operational safety audits, safety investigations, operational risk and change management activities, processing / reviewing Hazard and Safety Occurrence Reports, trend analysis, and the development of improvement and action initiatives that support continuous enhancement of business activities. You will have a sound knowledge and understanding of CASA and WH&S legislation.
You will value working in a dynamic and high tempo environment across a broad field of HSEQ activities which challenges your critical thinking. You will bring a willingness to grow and learn so you can support the business in achieving its objectives through HSEQ subject matter expertise. You will be proficient at managing your workload to achieve business priorities and work well in a Team environment.
You will also hold the following qualifications:
- Diploma level qualification in Safety, or Quality (or other relevant field)
- Qualification as a lead auditor
- Safety Investigation qualifications such as ICAM or Aviation Accident Investigation
- Certificate IV in workplace training and assessment (Desirable)
Your future at Babcock – what we offer you
- We provide an agile work environment where you’re able to work onsite and remotely, and to set you up for this we provide a laptop and working from home kit if required, in addition we offer a compressed week which can provide you even more flexibility;
- Our work life integration policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, wellbeing leave, paid parental leave, defence reservist leave plus more;
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, supported by our capability framework plus ongoing access to self-led learning modules through LinkedIn Learning and access to study leave;
- You’ll have access to beRewarded which will provide you with endless discounts across retail, health, entertainment, travel and much more, plus novated leasing options and corporate shares plan;
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program Munch, Mind, Move, Money, access to our employee assistance program plus you can access two days annually from your personal leave as wellbeing days;
- You’ll be able to participate in our weRecognise program which is an opportunity to recognise the outstanding work our people do each and every day in living our principles which are Be kind, Collaborate, Be Curious, Think Outcomes, Be Courageous and Own & Deliver
Who we are
Babcock International Group, the aerospace and defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century.
Across Australia and New Zealand, Babcock has grown to a team of over 1,300 talented people, and we are on a path of continued growth and expansion. We operate across sectors such as defence, commercial marine, aviation, airports, communications, emergency services and engineering consultancy. To provide you some local context, some of the programs our team are proud to be a part of involve:
- Providing emergency medical and search & rescue aviation services through our Aviation & Critical Services business;
- Designing and supporting key systems for submarines and surface ships through our Marine business;
- Providing fleet wide through life support and asset management services for Navy customers;
- Managing critical assets for a range of sectors through our Land Business.
So, if you would like to join us and help create a safe and secure world, together, please apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
To learn more about us visit www.babcock.com.au
We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds and experience however, due to the defence orientation of this role, the successful candidate must be eligible to obtain Baseline Security Clearance, as defined in the AGSVA guidelines.
Please note, should your application progress you may be required to complete pre-employment checks. These checks may include but not limited to, reference checks, police check, security check, qualifications and right to work.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. To comply with public health orders or our customer requirements, it is a requirement that you are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 to be appointed to this role.
Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
Babcock Australasia is a Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.
Job Req # SF50037