Senior ILS Engineering Technician
Job Type: Full time
Senior ILS Engineering Technician
About the role
Reporting to the Obsolescence Manager, you will be conducting obsolescence management activities and analysis and undertaking investigations to minimise the impact of obsolescence to the availability and reliability of the RNZN Fleet through to end of life.
You will assist the Fleet Asset Management team through the provision of obsolescence and supply support activities, to ensure availability, operational/technical capability, and logistics supportability of all RNZN platforms and equipment.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Development and maintenance of inventory management activities including spares and S&TE determination, provisioning, stock assessment, codification and cataloguing.
- Conducting Obsolescence management and disposal activities.
- Identification of Packaging, Handling, Stowage & Transport (PHS&T) requirements.
- Support and Provide inputs into ILS related activities
- Produce technical documentation and solutions in support of assigned tasks.
- Performing trade-off analysis during the design and modification of equipment and associated logistics support requirements.
- Possessing a satisfactory understanding of the application of ILS and LSA principles and techniques in the development and maintenance of Mission and Support System solutions
You will not necessarily have a degree but will have experience with a wider ILS Capability and Logistics Support Analysis (LSA). This would be ideal for a tradesperson looking to come off the tools and progress to the next step in their career.
Your knowledge of naval operations, ILS, Obsolescence, engineering principals and regulatory frameworks will allow you to excel in this position. Your sound analytical and report writing skills along with your ability to produce high quality technical documentation will be advantageous. You will have a desire to implement continuous improvement while using your initiative and prioritising your workload.
Your experience in ILS Engineering, supply chain or maintenance management preferably in
either Marine / Defence / Commercial shipping Industry and previous experience with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems or Enterprise Asset Management Systems will be necessary in order to excel in this role.
Your future at Babcock – what we offer you
- We provide an agile work environment where you’re able to work onsite and remotely, and to set you up for this we provide a laptop and working from home kit if required, in addition we offer a compressed week which can provide you even more flexibility.
- Our work life integration policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, wellbeing leave, paid parental leave.
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, supported by our capability framework plus ongoing access to self-led learning modules through LinkedIn Learning and access to study leave.
- You’ll have access to beRewarded which will provide you with endless discounts across retail, health, entertainment, travel and much more, plus novated leasing options and corporate shares plan.
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program Munch, Mind, Move, Money, access to our employee assistance program plus you can access two days annually from your personal leave as wellbeing days.
- You’ll be able to participate in our weRecognise program which is an opportunity to recognise the outstanding work our people do each and every day in living our principles which are Be kind, Collaborate, Be Curious, Think Outcomes, Be Courageous and Own & Deliver.
Who we are:
Babcock International Group, the aerospace and defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century.
Across Australia and New Zealand, Babcock has grown to a team of over 1,300 talented people, and we are on a path of continued growth and expansion. We operate across sectors such as defence, commercial marine, aviation, airports, communications, emergency services and engineering consultancy.
If you would like to join us and help create a safe and secure world, together, please apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
To learn more about us visit www.babcock.com.au
We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds and experience however, the successful candidate must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and capable of obtaining a New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) Security Clearance.
Please note, should your application progress you may be required to complete pre-employment checks. These checks may include but not limited to, reference checks, MOJ, security check, qualifications and right to work.
Babcock Australasia is a Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.
Job req #49745