Job Type: Full time
- Significant Defence projects
- Join a collaborative and innovative team
- Career growth opportunity
REF: SF 50886
About the role
The Warehouse Supervisor manages and coordinates the daily warehousing activities at the Babcock Henderson site in Western Australia. This position will work closely with key stakeholders, both internally and externally, to ensure materials are held and made available for scheduled maintenance periods, and assist in the receipt and management of stores and equipment to respond to unscheduled maintenance. The position will support Warship Asset Management Agreement (WAMA) Alliance and future Regional Maintenance Provider – West (RMP-W) ship maintenance availabilities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead and manage three (3) Stores Officers to ensure an effective and productive warehouse team;
- Effectively manage staging areas and the issuing of goods;
- Actively engage with members of the Program Delivery and Production teams in understanding the stores requirements for future ships availabilities, identifying surge periods and developing plans to manage accordingly;
- Engage collaboratively with all suppliers and stakeholders that may be sending goods to the warehouse facility to ensure a smooth and efficient process, and always providing clear and accurate communication;
- Engage with major stakeholders and site managers to coordinate the safe and efficient movement of stores within the Henderson site;
- Provide supply chain support for non-scheduled spares and repairs including LNIDS demands from the Navy;
- Ensure Purchasing Management Information systems are accurate and maintained: and
- Manage the Commonwealth stock, including obsolescence identification.
- Previous warehouse management experience;
- Strong understanding and demonstrated capability in the use of MILIS, LNIDS, SAP and other ERP systems;
- Strong time management, communication and relationship management skills;
- Strong understanding of both domestic and international freight procedure and capabilities;
- Proficient skills in MS Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Must either hold, or be eligible to obtain and maintain an Australian Defence Security Clearance at the AGSVA Baseline Clearance level;
- Current Motor Vehicle Driver’s Licence and Forklift Licence;
- Construction Induction Card (White Card); and
- No restrictions to access OFFICIAL and OFFICIAL: Sensitive level information or ITAR controlled material.
- Diploma or Certificate in Logistics or Warehouse Operations;
- Experience working with the Australian Defence Force (ADF) or supporting ADF warehouse or logistic operations;
- Previous experience working in the Defence Industry, specifically in ship repair or sustainment; and
- Commercial acumen and experience in effective supply chain relationships.
What we offer you
- Our work life integration policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, wellbeing leave, paid parental leave, defence reservist leave plus more;
- We offer flexible working arrangements where possible to help employees find the right balance between work and home life;
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, supported by our capability framework plus ongoing access to self-led learning modules through LinkedIn Learning and access to study leave;
- You’ll have access to be Rewarded which will provide you with endless discounts across retail, health, entertainment, travel and much more, plus novated leasing options and corporate shares plan;
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program Munch, Mind, Move, Money, access to our employee assistance program plus you can access two days annually from your personal leave as wellbeing days; and
- You’ll be able to participate in our we Recognise program which is an opportunity to recognise the outstanding work our people do each and every day.
Who we are
Babcock International Group, the aerospace and defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century.
Across Australia and New Zealand, Babcock has grown to a team of over 1,600 talented people, and we are on a path of continued growth and expansion. We operate across sectors such as defence, commercial marine, aviation, airports, communications, emergency services and engineering consultancy.
Some of the programs our team across Australia and New Zealand are proud to be a part of involve:
- Providing emergency medical and search & rescue aviation services through our Aviation & Critical Services business;
- Designing and supporting key systems for submarines and surface ships through our Marine business;
- Providing fleet wide through life support and asset management services for Navy customers;
- Managing critical assets for a range of sectors through our Land Business.
So, if you would like to join us and help create a safe and secure world, together, please apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
To learn more about Babcock visit www.babcock.com.au
We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds and experience however, due to the defence orientation of this role, the successful candidate must be eligible to obtain Baseline/NV1 Security Clearance, as defined in the AGSVA guidelines.
Please note, should your application progress you may be required to complete pre-employment checks. These checks may include but not limited to, reference checks, police check, security check, qualifications and right to work.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. To comply with public health orders or our customer requirements, some roles within the business will be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 to gain access to sites. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
Babcock Australasia is a Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.