Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Unlicenced AME)
Location: Essendon Fields
Job Type: Full time
- Structures experience an advantage
- Essendon Vic
- Full time
About the role
As a key member of our Engineering team, you will be instrumental in supporting the maintenance of Babcock’s fleet of AW139 helicopters. Based at Essendon Airport and working a Mon-Fri roster, this is a fixed-base opportunity and will support the efforts of our Mission Critical Services at Babcock.
A positive attitude and willingness to learn will see you met many of our needs. You will be passionate about not only Aviation but wanting to take your career further!
Ideally, you will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Mechanically experienced (aviation preferable)
- Structures experience would be an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to manage aircraft support/role equipment and advantage
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate to internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to work as part of a team with flexibility and a positive attitude
Your future at Babcock – what we offer you
- Our work life integration policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, wellbeing leave, paid parental leave, defence reservist leave plus more;
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, supported by our capability framework plus ongoing access to self-led learning modules through LinkedIn Learning and access to study leave;
- You’ll have access to beRewarded which will provide you with endless discounts across retail, health, entertainment, travel and much more, plus novated leasing options and corporate shares plan;
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program Munch, Mind, Move, Money, access to our employee assistance program plus you can access two days annually from your personal leave as wellbeing days;
- You’ll be able to participate in our weRecognise program which is an opportunity to recognise the outstanding work our people do each and every day in living our principles which are Be kind, Collaborate, Be Curious, Think Outcomes, Be Courageous and Own & Deliver
Who we are
Babcock International Group, the aerospace and defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century.
Across Australia and New Zealand, Babcock has grown to a team of over 1,300 talented people, and we are on a path of continued growth and expansion. We operate across sectors such as defence, commercial marine, aviation, airports, communications, emergency services and engineering consultancy. To provide you some local context, some of the programs our team are proud to be a part of involve:
- Providing emergency medical and search & rescue aviation services through our Aviation & Critical Services business;
- Designing and supporting key systems for submarines and surface ships through our Marine business;
- Providing fleet wide through life support and asset management services for Navy customers;
- Managing critical assets for a range of sectors through our Land Business.
So, if you would like to join us and help create a safe and secure world, together, please apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
To learn more about us visit www.babcock.com.au
Please note, should your application progress you may be required to complete pre-employment checks. These checks may include but not limited to, reference checks, police check, security check, qualifications and right to work.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. To comply with public health orders or our customer requirements, it is a requirement that you are up to date vaccinated for COVID-19 to be appointed to this role. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
Babcock Australasia is a Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.