Location: Potts Point
Job Type: Full time
- Production team leadership role
- Defence / maritime assets
- Motivated and technical team environment
About the role
In this role you will be responsible for the execution of maintenance activities in a safe manner through planning, managing and controlling of personnel and materials. This will ensure production activities achieve timely performance, compliance with customer requirements, contractual obligations and maximise efficiencies for RAN maintenance periods.
You will lead quality assurance for production work and ensure tasks are completed in accordance with approved drawings, specifications and correct work practices are always engaged, whilst promoting the health and safety of everyone who works for and supports Babcock.
Reporting to the Project Manager for WAMA – Warship Asset Management Agreement Alliance, this full-time permanent role is based at the Garden Island Defence base in Potts Point, NSW – with some flexibility on agile working when schedules permit.
Other duties may include (but not limited to):
- Preparing weekly progress reports and present weekly project dashboard,
- Preparing and review the integrated master schedule and project risk register to deliver planned maintenance activity objectives,
- Preparing requisitions and reviewing subcontractor submissions to deliver maintenance activity objectives,
- Attending site meetings with the project team to discuss progress of project, HSE compliance and other project issues; and
- Attending progress, safety, and contractor meetings, providing advice and direction as required.
You will be a qualified professional with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, project management experience and the ability to build and retain a highly motivated and technical team. Ideally you will have significant experience in a large marine engineering or construction project environment.
To be successful you will have:
- Degree or Diploma in Engineering or Trade background and experience to equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining delivery to high technical and quality standards
- Current Motor Vehicle Driver’s Licence
- Eligibility to obtain and maintain an Australian Defence Security Clearance to appropriate level as per role requirements
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and maintain morale of subordinates
- Construction Induction Card (White Card)
- Significant experience in a large marine engineering or construction project environment (Desired)
- Contract Administration experience (Desired)
- Wide range of experience, knowledge and networking in the Defence Industry (Desired)
What we offer you
- Our work life integration policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, wellbeing leave, paid parental leave, defence reservist leave plus more;
- We offer flexible working arrangements where possible to help employees find the right balance between work and home life;
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, supported by our capability framework plus ongoing access to self-led learning modules through LinkedIn Learning and access to study leave;
- You’ll have access to be Rewarded which will provide you with endless discounts across retail, health, entertainment, travel and much more, plus novated leasing options and corporate shares plan;
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program Munch, Mind, Move, Money, access to our employee assistance program plus you can access two days annually from your personal leave as wellbeing days;
- You’ll be able to participate in our we Recognise program which is an opportunity to recognise the outstanding work our people do each and every day.
Who we are
Babcock International Group, the aerospace and defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century.
Across Australia and New Zealand, Babcock has grown to a team of over 1,600 talented people, and we are on a path of continued growth and expansion. We operate across sectors such as defence, commercial marine, aviation, airports, communications, emergency services and engineering consultancy.
Some of the programs our team across Australia and New Zealand are proud to be a part of involve:
- Providing emergency medical and search & rescue aviation services through our Aviation & Critical Services business;
- Designing and supporting key systems for submarines and surface ships through our Marine business;
- Providing fleet wide through life support and asset management services for Navy customers;
- Managing critical assets for a range of sectors through our Land Business.
So, if you would like to join us and help create a safe and secure world, together, please apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
To learn more about us visit www.babcock.com.au
We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds and experience however, due to the defence orientation of this role, the successful candidate must be eligible to obtain Australian Defence Security Clearance, as defined in the AGSVA guidelines.
Please note, should your application progress you may be required to complete pre-employment checks. These checks may include but not limited to, reference checks, police check, security check, qualifications and right to work.
Babcock Australasia is a Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.
SF Req ID #51042