Integration Technical Officer
Job Type: Full time
- Great opportunity to develop your career in a growing industry!
- Join a collaborative and innovative team!
- Agile working environment!
As our Integration Technical Officer, you’ll work closely with the Defence High Frequency Communication System (DHFCS) software engineers. After the relevant software changes have been put in place, you’ll be the go-to person in testing the changes in the Facility for Integration and Test of the System (FITS).
You’ll also look after the maintenance of the Software Development Environment (SDE) and the FITS. Responsible for merging software codes from the software engineers and implementing this back into the SDE.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Contribution to system integration and test plans.
- Development of system integration and test procedures.
- Execution of system integration and test procedures.
- Reporting of system integration and test results.
- Logging test failures and performing initial triage to aid in the allocation of further investigation.
- Corrective and preventative maintenance of the FITS.
- Calibration of the FITS.
- Asset stocktaking.
- Engagement with DHFCS stakeholders, including but not limited to Babcock Software Engineers, CoA Engineers, CoA test facilities and Operational Representatives.
- Conduct Verification and Validation (V&V) activities to support task acceptance and closure as requested.
You’ve got at least 3 years’ experience as an Engineer or Technician working with software integration or Verification & Validation (V&V). You’re comfortable and knowledgeable when working with supporting technologies such as simulation environments, analysis tools, change control and management among others.
You’re skilful within the Systems Engineering Lifecycle and have proven knowledge of testing techniques and their benefits.
You’ve got the ability to obtain an NV1 security clearance or currently hold one, and if you have previous experience working with communications or radio frequency components or systems this is highly desirable.
Your future at Babcock – what we offer you
- We provide an agile work environment where you’re able to work onsite and remotely, and to set you up for this we provide a laptop and working from home kit if required, in addition we offer a compressed week which can provide you even more flexibility.
- Our work life integration policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, wellbeing leave, paid parental leave.
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, supported by our capability framework plus ongoing access to self-led learning modules through LinkedIn Learning and access to study leave.
- You’ll have access to beRewarded which will provide you with endless discounts across retail, health, entertainment, travel and much more, plus novated leasing options and corporate shares plan.
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program Munch, Mind, Move, Money, access to our employee assistance program plus you can access two days annually from your personal leave as wellbeing days.
- You’ll be able to participate in our weRecognise program which is an opportunity to recognise the outstanding work our people do each and every day in living our principles which are Be kind, Collaborate, Be Curious, Think Outcomes, Be Courageous and Own & Deliver.
Who we are:
Babcock International Group, the aerospace and defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century.
Across Australia and New Zealand, Babcock has grown to a team of over 1,300 talented people, and we are on a path of continued growth and expansion. We operate across sectors such as defence, commercial marine, aviation, airports, communications, emergency services and engineering consultancy.
If you would like to join us and help create a safe and secure world, together, please apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
To learn more about us visit www.babcock.com.au
We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds and experience however, due to the defence orientation of this role, the successful candidate must be eligible to obtain NV1 Security Clearance, as defined in the AGSVA guidelines.
Please note, should your application progress you may be required to complete pre-employment checks. These checks may include but not limited to, reference checks, police check, security check, qualifications and right to work.
Babcock Australasia is a Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.
Job req #50443