Location: Potts Point
Job Type: Full time
- Internal career growth pathways
- Coordinate Trade Contractors working across Navy assets
- Support the Australian Defence Force’s maritime capability
About the role
On site this role is called our "Subcontractor Coordinator" and is an integral role within Babcock; key in driving the coordination and management of subcontractor and trades tasks.
This presents a great opportunity to get a foot in the door with a global company seeing significant growth in Australasia, see what this role is like and work across multiple Navy assets in a high production/ maintenance period where we provide long-term sustainment and asset management services to the Royal Australian Navy.
You will be part of a strong team supporting the Asset Class Prime Contractor work on Royal Australian Navy assets - Landing Helicopter Docks along with all associated crafts and vessels.
This is a permanent full time position based on site at the Garden Island Defence Precinct.
You will ideally have a Defence or similar trades background with understanding of the tasks involved in coordinating various trade disciplines across assets, with exceptional interpersonal skills to communicate effectively. You will pride yourself on your ability to build effective relationships with various stakeholders and maintain composure under pressure where you can find solutions to problems.
You’re eager to bring your trade or technical related skills to a complex setting and showcase your ability to deliver effective business solutions.
To be successful, you will have:
- Australian Citizenship with ability to obtain and maintain a Defence Security clearance at an appropriate level as per role requirements
- Either Trade background or Certificate IV in Engineering
- Prior experience working in the Marine or Defence industry (preferred)
- General Construction Induction Card (White Card) or ability to obtain
What we offer you
- Our work life integration policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, wellbeing leave, paid parental leave, defence reservist leave plus more;
- We offer flexible working arrangements where possible to help employees find the right balance between work and home life;
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, supported by our capability framework plus ongoing access to self-led learning modules through LinkedIn Learning and access to study leave;
- You’ll have access to beRewarded which will provide you with endless discounts across retail, health, entertainment, travel and much more, plus novated leasing options and corporate shares plan;
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program Munch, Mind, Move, Money, access to our employee assistance program plus you can access two days annually from your personal leave as wellbeing days;
- You’ll be able to participate in our weRecognise program which is an opportunity to recognise the outstanding work our people do each and every day.
Who we are
Babcock International Group, the aerospace and defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century.
Across Australia and New Zealand, Babcock has grown to a team of over 1,600 talented people, and we are on a path of continued growth and expansion. We operate across sectors such as defence, commercial marine, aviation, airports, communications, emergency services and engineering consultancy.
Some of the programs our team across Australia and New Zealand are proud to be a part of involve:
- Providing emergency medical and search & rescue aviation services through our Aviation & Critical Services business;
- Designing and supporting key systems for submarines and surface ships through our Marine business;
- Providing fleet wide through life support and asset management services for Navy customers;
- Managing critical assets for a range of sectors through our Land Business.
So, if you would like to join us and help create a safe and secure world, together, please apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
To learn more about Babcock visit www.babcock.com.au
We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds and experience however, due to the defence orientation of this role, the successful candidate must be eligible to obtain an appropriate level of Defence Security Clearance, as defined in the AGSVA guidelines.
Please note, should your application progress you may be required to complete pre-employment checks. These checks may include but not limited to, reference checks, police check, security check, qualifications and right to work.
Babcock Australasia is a Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.
SF Job Req #51363