Business Support Officer
Job Type: Full time
- Significant Defence projects
- Join a collaborative and innovative team
- Career growth opportunity
REF: SF 51404
About the role
The Business Support Officer is responsible for supporting the Project and Production teams in the planning and coordination stage of a project through to close out.
The role requires operation in the main planning tool used by Australian Defence Force’s Asset Maintenance and Planning System (AMPS7). On the job training will be provided in the use of this system however, a strong software understanding is critical for success in the role.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain and upload data within AMPS7 including troubleshooting and escalation for support as required;
- Liaise with Platform and Combat Groups (key stakeholders) for the integration of New and Emergent work into the Maintenance Work List;
- Act as project point of contact for reach back to Platform and Combat Technical Repair Specification support;
- Co-ordinate risk assessments and administrative actions to cancel or defer tasks from the work package; and
- Publish the Main Work List (project activities) on a weekly basis or as required to support project requirements.
- Ability to negotiate with and influence internal and/or external stakeholders while maintaining key relationships;
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining delivery to a high standard including strong attention to detail;
- Ability to balance conflicting priorities to deliver customer and business requirements; and
- Gather, manipulate and analyse data to support databased decision making and for internal and external reporting.
- Exposure to matrix organisations or alliance structures;
- Experience in working in project planning and software such as Primavera Microsoft Project or similar;
- An understanding of configuration management and asset management principles;
- Relevant previous experience in maintenance planning in a heavy engineering or defence environment;
- Working knowledge and experience of maintenance management and planning system tools and processes (AMPS7).
- Must either hold, or be eligible to obtain and maintain an Australian Defence Security Clearance - AGSVA Baseline Clearance level; and
- Construction Induction Card (White Card).
What we offer you
- Our work life integration policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, wellbeing leave, paid parental leave, defence reservist leave plus more;
- We offer flexible working arrangements where possible to help employees find the right balance between work and home life;
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, supported by our capability framework plus ongoing access to self-led learning modules through LinkedIn Learning and access to study leave;
- You’ll have access to be Rewarded which will provide you with endless discounts across retail, health, entertainment, travel and much more, plus novated leasing options and corporate shares plan;
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program Munch, Mind, Move, Money, access to our employee assistance program plus you can access two days annually from your personal leave as wellbeing days; and
- You’ll be able to participate in our we Recognise program which is an opportunity to recognise the outstanding work our people do each and every day.
Who we are
Babcock International Group, the aerospace and defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century.
Across Australia and New Zealand, Babcock has grown to a team of over 1,600 talented people, and we are on a path of continued growth and expansion. We operate across sectors such as defence, commercial marine, aviation, airports, communications, emergency services and engineering consultancy.
Some of the programs our team across Australia and New Zealand are proud to be a part of involve:
- Providing emergency medical and search & rescue aviation services through our Aviation & Critical Services business;
- Designing and supporting key systems for submarines and surface ships through our Marine business;
- Providing fleet wide through life support and asset management services for Navy customers;
- Managing critical assets for a range of sectors through our Land Business.
So, if you would like to join us and help create a safe and secure world, together, please apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
To learn more about Babcock visit www.babcock.com.au
We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds and experience however, due to the defence orientation of this role, the successful candidate must be eligible to obtain Baseline/NV1 Security Clearance, as defined in the AGSVA guidelines.
Please note, should your application progress you may be required to complete pre-employment checks. These checks may include but not limited to, reference checks, police check, security check, qualifications and right to work.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. To comply with public health orders or our customer requirements, some roles within the business will be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 to gain access to sites. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
Babcock Australasia is a Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.