Engineering Manager - Fixed High Frequency Radio Refresh (FHFRR)
Job Type: Full time
Engineering Manager – Fixed High Frequency Radio Refresh (FHFRR)
- Establish the Engineering Support and Delivery in this newly created role
- Lead and be accountable for the quality and assurance of services provided by FHFRR assets
- Agile and flexible working options
About the role
Reporting into the FHFRR Project Manager, you will guide and lead the Engineering Teams to ensure that service continuity is provided in line with contracted Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators. Your team will carry out a range of maintenance and repair activities on the FHFRR Programme, you will also ensure the quality and assurance of services provided and be responsible for the day-today activities of the engineering team.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Ensure the FHFRR is maintained and operated to meet all KPIs.
- Management and leadership of all FHFRR engineering personnel.
- Preparation of Monthly and Quarterly contract review documentation.
- Development and management of and effective maintenance and repair regime.
- Manage the FHFRR training regime to ensure all engineering personnel are suitably trained.
- Day to day management of any subcontractors associated with the FHFRR programme.
- Ensure compliance with the NZDF Health and Safety policy and regulations with regard to the FHFRR programme.
- Responsible for coordinating FHFRR engineering support around operational requirements, site works, and Capability Enhancements works at the FHFRR stations.
- To carry out investigations into system failures and reliability problems and maintain accurate records and archive systems, in support of Key Target’s (KT), Service Level Agreements (KPI’s) and Performance Measurements.
- Development and promotion of continual improvements in the Safety, Health & Environmental culture within Babcock New Zealand.
A degree qualified operational and engineering leader, you enjoy setting up processes and establishing a high performing team. You have a thorough knowledge of safety regulations and a technical background in networks and ideally High Frequency communications systems.
You are able to produce technical and operational instructional material, manuals, and guides, and ideally have familiarity of PC based control systems.
Your future at Babcock – what we offer you
- We provide an agile work environment where you’re able to work onsite and remotely, and to set you up for this we provide a laptop and working from home kit if required, in addition we offer a compressed week which can provide you even more flexibility;
- Our work life integration policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, wellbeing leave, paid parental leave, defence reservist leave plus more;
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, supported by our capability framework plus ongoing access to self-led learning modules through LinkedIn Learning and access to study leave;
- You’ll have access to beRewarded which will provide you with endless discounts across retail, health, entertainment, travel and much more, plus novated leasing options and corporate shares plan;
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program Munch, Mind, Move, Money, access to our employee assistance program plus you can access two days annually from your personal leave as wellbeing days;
- You’ll be able to participate in our weRecognise program which is an opportunity to recognise the outstanding work our people do each and every day in living our principles which are Be kind, Collaborate, Be Curious, Think Outcomes, Be Courageous and Own & Deliver.
So, if you would like to join us and help create a safe and secure world, together, please apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds and experience however, the successful candidate must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and capable of obtaining a New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) Security Clearance.
Please note, should your application progress you may be required to complete pre-employment checks. These checks may include but not limited to, reference checks, MOJ, security check, qualifications and right to work.
Babcock Australasia is a Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.
Job Req # 51198