Senior Network Solution Architect
Job Type: Full time
About the Role
We're seeking a Senior Network Solution Architect to join our team on the Defence High Frequency Communications System (DHFCS) contract. This program sees Babcock oversee the operation and support of the existing DHFCS capability while executing a comprehensive technology upgrade.
As an Network Architect in this position, your responsibilities will include Contributing to the requirements and design for the network architecture of the mission system element for a defence system.
You will deliver a robust network architecture, with support from our Cyber Security partners and vendors to provide the design for a multiple security domain network that integrates with other defence networks across a regionally diverse set of locations.
Additionally, you'll work with Systems Engineers to contribute to all Design and Process documentation.
What will you bring
- Network design and Deployment experience within complex switch and routing environments
- CCNP or CCIE accreditation
- Able to work with vendors, analyse requirements, and execute designs
- Firewall design and deployment expereince is desirable
- Australian Citizen with a current Defence security clearance or the ability to obtain.
What we offer you
- Our work life integration policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, wellbeing leave, paid parental leave, defence reservist leave plus more;
- We offer flexible working arrangements where possible to help employees find the right balance between work and home life;
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, supported by our capability framework plus ongoing access to self-led learning modules through LinkedIn Learning and access to study leave;
- You’ll have access to beRewarded which will provide you with endless discounts across retail, health, entertainment, travel and much more, plus novated leasing options and corporate shares plan;
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program Munch, Mind, Move, Money, access to our employee assistance program plus you can access two days annually from your personal leave as wellbeing days;
- You’ll be able to participate in our weRecognise program which is an opportunity to recognise the outstanding work our people do each and every day.
Who we are
Babcock International Group, the aerospace and defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century.
Across Australia and New Zealand, Babcock has grown to a team of over 1,600 talented people, and we are on a path of continued growth and expansion. We operate across sectors such as defence, commercial marine, aviation, airports, communications, emergency services and engineering consultancy.
Some of the programs our team across Australia and New Zealand are proud to be a part of involve:
- Providing emergency medical and search & rescue aviation services through our Aviation & Critical Services business;
- Designing and supporting key systems for submarines and surface ships through our Marine business;
- Providing fleet wide through life support and asset management services for Navy customers;
- Managing critical assets for a range of sectors through our Land Business.
So, if you would like to join us and help create a safe and secure world, together, please apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
To learn more about Babcock visit www.babcock.com.au
We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds and experience however, due to the defence orientation of this role, the successful candidate must be eligible to obtain Baseline/NV1 Security Clearance, as defined in the AGSVA guidelines.
Please note, should your application progress you may be required to complete pre-employment checks. These checks may include but not limited to, reference checks, police check, security check, qualifications and right to work.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. To comply with public health orders or our customer requirements, it is a requirement that you are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 to be appointed to this role. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. To comply with public health orders or our customer requirements, some roles within the business will be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 to gain access to sites. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
Babcock Australasia is a Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant