Aviation Technical Trainer
Job Type: Full time
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Ongoing career development, and opportunity to utilise your technical expertise and make a meaningful contribution on interesting Defence Aviation projects
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have a unique opportunity as an Aviation Technical Trainer within our Aircraft, Training and Sustainment business based at the Pearce RAAF Base in Bullsbrook, Perth.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognised in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
An Opportunity has arisen for an Aviation Technical Trainer to demonstrate their training and aircraft technical expertise and partner with our Aircraft Sustainment business on the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter and the Hawk Lead-in Fighter (LIF) aircraft programs.
You will be part of an inclusive and supportive team, performing interesting work. This key position will report to the Training Manager and will be offered on a permanent and full time basis.
This opportunity will see you:
- Deliver technical training, including workplace inductions, utilising contemporary learning and assessment strategies, while adapting to different learning styles
- Contribute to the learning and development activities to support the business in developing a technical workforce that meets current and future business objectives
- Plan and conduct technical assessments, including the verification of competencies
- Provide constructive feedback to assessment candidates
- Contribute to the design and development of training and assessment content to meet regulatory and business requirements, within the respective trade and/or their own competence
- Monitor and provide feedback on learner progress and performance in line with business requirements and training frameworks
- Prepare training materials and undertake technical writing activities
- Provide information and advice on training and assessment services
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Aviation technical experience and experience in training or learning and development
- Experience with training and learning management systems and the ability to adapt your delivery style to suit the learner's needs
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and support technical workforce learners
- A continuous improvement mind-set, well-developed self-management skills and a demonstrated ability to work under your own initiative
- A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) qualification will be highly regarded, or the willingness to gain this qualification within 6 months of commencing in the role
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering, and made online here. Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/bae-systems
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au