Material Handler Warehouse & Logistics
Job Type: Full time
- All Systems GO! Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Be part of cutting edge development within Australia's largest shipbuilding program
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunities within our Maritime Australia based at the Osborne Naval Shipyard, SA. for a Material Handler
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Unload and load trucks, transportation of materials to and between shipyard drop zones or warehouse locations
- Conduct inspection of inwards and outward bound materials as delegated by quality and in accordance with the respective policies and procedures
- Input and upkeep of data within the relevant ERP database system
- Operate forklift, gantry crane and on-site vehicles as required
- Conduct dogging for large and specialised items
- Safely store goods and materials in the shipyard or warehouse
- Establish and maintain goods traceability through application of business policies and procedures
- Receipt, pick, kit, issue and deliver materials
- Conduct authorised inventory cycle counts and inventory adjustments
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you will have:
- Demonstrated warehousing and freight receipt/dispatching experience
- An appropriate qualification which will be highly regarded (e.g. Certificate III in Transport & Logistics)
- A current forklift licence and Dangerous goods certification or willing to obtain
- A high risk licence for gantry crane, dogging/rigging desirable
- A self-motivated ability to work effectively under minimal supervision
- The ability to use good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to work in a high pressure, fast paced environment
- Shown a proven commitment to continuous improvement
- A strong commitment to safe work practices
A Defence security clearance is required for this role. Applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
Applications should be addressed to: Peter Smith, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Trades, and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is also required.
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au