Project Officer - Combat Systems (GFM)
Location: Oaks Estate
Job Type: Full time
- All Systems GO! Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Join one of the biggest defence projects, with huge growth opportunities
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business.
We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Project Officer within our Maritime Australia based in Adelaide, SA or Melbourne, VIC.
You will be able to benefit from our flexible working arrangements, including hybrid working, nine day fortnight and recently expanded leave policy.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
As a Project Officer, you will provide significant support to the Hunter Frigate Class Program which is the largest and most advanced defence program in Australia. You will work in a diverse and fast passed environment which will suit an aspiring project manager seeking exposure to a significant defence program.
In more specific terms you will:
- Analyse large data sets to track delivery, update statuses, manage issues and monitor workarounds
- Produce progress reporting in accordance with project control guidelines and disciplines
- Co-ordinate detailed project planning activities
- Support governance committees through the organising and planning of meetings, production of agendas, papers and minutes
- Be a conduit between Engineering and Program Leadership
- Work to established key success indicators and recommend trade-offs between scope, quality, time and cost
- Manage contractual communications with the customer
- Support the application of project management disciplines with support from the Project Manager
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Experience in a Project Support role, Business Analysis or Engineering
- Experience working on Projects and an understanding of Project Management
- A love of working with data; ability to comprehend and work with large data sets
- An ability to work in a fast paced environment with a large number of stakeholders
- Self-motivated, proactive approach to progressing all assigned tasks
- An ability to converse with technical resources and quickly absorb new information
- Attention to detail, highly organised and not afraid to follow up
- Effective problem solving skills, strong communication skills and ability to form outstanding relationships
- Commercial acumen and/or experience dealing with contractual communications would be high valued
- An existing Australian Defence Security Clearance or the ability to meet the application requirements.
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Monique Marshall, Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: Monique.Marshall@baesystems.com
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits