Job Type: Full time
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic Senior Executive Assistant to support our Chief Operating Officer.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
As a Senior Executive Assistant you will predominantly be responsible for the provision of confidential and effective executive assistant and administration support to the COO and Head of Sustainability.
Core activities include:
- High level support including, but not limited to, email management, diary management and day to day running of the COO office
- Ensuring COO office meet their reporting requirements and responsibilities
- Arrange and support events, conferences, visitors and meetings
- Provide secretarial support at COO executive meetings including preparing agenda's & meeting pack, accurately taking minutes and recording actions and submit in a timely manner
- Manage forward planning to provide relevant preparation material/pre-brief for meetings as required
- Co-ordinating all travel and reconciliation of monthly expenses
- Develop sound knowledge of Company policies and standards
- Produce accurate professionally typed and presented documents, reports, presentation slides and correspondence
- Process incoming and outgoing mail, files correspondence and maintain confidential records
- Develop appropriate systems, procedures and controls to enhance the accuracy, timeliness and presentation of work for the team
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with both internal and external customers and a high level of responsiveness
- Maintaining confidential and sensitive information in the appropriate manner
- At least 3 years' experience in similar role
- Confident with decision making and excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills required, both written and verbal
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suites, especially in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Team orientated with the ability to work with a variety of people
- Motivated self-starter with excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise workload
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
Applications should be addressed to: Lidia Morris and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au