Senior Systems Engineer
Job Type: Full time
Senior Systems Engineer
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of Defence technology
- Bring your leadership and expertise to key Defence projects
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Senior Systems Engineer within our Maritime Sustainment based in Melbourne, VIC or Henderson, WA.
As Senior Systems Engineer you will be accountable for the design, development and integration of systems and/or equipment in accordance with the contractual and Company requirements in order to achieve the required business performance.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
As Senior Systems Engineer you will:
- Derive system and/or equipment requirements, define the test requirements and participate in system design and requirements reviews.
- Develop complex system and/or equipment architectures, optimised against key performance and environmental factors, including conducting reviews of hardware architectures.
- Undertake functional analysis of complex system and/or equipment architectural designs, including identification of and assessment against critical performance factors.
- Carry out detailed design analysis of complex system and/or equipment designs, including identification of and assessment against critical performance factors.
- Execute the translation of the system and/or equipment design into a manufactural solution incorporating design for manufacture factors and analysis of the implementation method against design performance, including review of hardware implementations.
- Perform the integration and validation of complex systems and/or equipment designs with challenging physical and functional properties, including review of integration and validation plans and reports.
- Carry out the full qualification of complex system and/or equipment including devising solutions to complex qualification problems, including review of qualification plans and reports.
- Utilise design capture and analysis tools effectively to produce high quality designs and products including interpretation of analysis results.
- Apply test tools effectively to undertake test, integration and verification including diagnosing problems and analysing results.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience within an engineering discipline, preferably in a Defence or Maritime environment
- Electronic and/or electrical engineering or technology degree qualified or equivalent experience and satisfying the requirements for membership of the Institute of Engineers Australia
- Experience in developing combat and/or communications systems equipment designs, participation in design reviews, undertaking typical design analyses and implementation of systems engineering solutions, its integration, validation and qualification testing
- Meet the requirements for registration as Chartered Engineer and preferably be a member of a professional body
- Must be eligible to apply for Australian Defence Security Clearance
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Hector Rodriguez, Talent Acquisition Team and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au