Senior Configuration and Data Controller
Job Type: Full time
- Be part of the next generation of Defence capability delivery
- 9 day fortnight, hybrid working environment and ongoing career development
- Utilise your Configuration and Data Controller expertise within our innovative and interesting Autonomy and Sensors programs
- Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture where we strive to make every individual feel valued
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have a new opportunity as a Senior Configuration and Data Controller within our Red Ochre LABS Autonomy and Sensors business based in Melbourne CBD or Edinburgh Parks, Adelaide. Other interstate locations will also be considered.
You will have the flexibility to have a hybrid work environment, and the flexibility to have a rostered day off work through a 9 day fortnight arrangement.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognised in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
An opportunity has arisen for a committed Senior Configuration and Data Controller to apply their analytical skills and make a valuable contribution within our Red Ochre Autonomy and Sensors business.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be part of an inclusive and supportive team, and will join our growing business in an exciting time on a permanent and full time basis.
These opportunities will see you:
- Perform Configuration Management (CM) activities, collaborate and provide advice and support to the Autonomy projects
- Establish the Autonomy program CM system and collaborate with the Autonomy projects to support them operating
- Undertake configuration control/management activities including configuration baseline management, configuration management planning, configuration audits and product identification and control including product breakdown structure
- Collaborate with the Autonomy projects to capture historical engineering design documentation within the CM tool
- Provide CM training, advice and support to project teams
- Contribute to the integrity of the CM system including processes, tools and data
- Identify and investigate configuration problems and formulate strategies for their resolution
- Collaborate effectively and build good relationships with customers and internal stakeholders, maintaining a positive culture
- Seek and share good practice and knowledge to continuously improve CM practices
As an applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Extensive configuration control and configuration management experience
- Demonstrated experience utilising configuration management systems, tools and databases
- Strong computer literacy skills, analytical and problem solving skills
- Good attention to detail and good communication skills with the ability to develop effective relationships with stakeholders
- Self-motivation and the drive to improve current processes
Whilst not essential, experience with the Windchill CM system or Defence industry experience will be highly regarded.
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications can be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.