Electrical Project Engineer
Location: Oaks Estate
Job Type: Full time
- Be part of the next generation of Defence capability delivery
- 9 day fortnight and flexible work arrangements, travel interstate as required
- Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture where we strive to make every individual feel valued
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have a new opportunity for an Electrical Project Engineer in our Red Ocher Autonomy and Sensors (ROL) Business Unit.
This position is located within the ATM Consolidated Contract team, our mission is to provide continuing support to S&CSPO and their suite of ATM systems which includes; FTACAN, DTACAN, AMACCS, TVSS platforms and ATCOM services. System sites are geographically dispersed across Australia, owned, operated and maintained by the RAAF and BAE System personnel which makes for a complex and interesting role.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
The Electrical Project Engineer is responsible for the design and development of electrical systems and/or equipment in accordance with contractual and Company requirements to achieve the required business performance.
Your key responsibilities will include (however not limited to):
- Derive, analyse and manage system/equipment requirements and participate in requirements reviews
- Develop simple system/equipment architectural designs to meet established set of requirements
- Undertake functional and circuit analysis to determine strengths and weaknesses of candidate system/ equipment solutions
- Translate the system/equipment design into a manufacturable solution and incorporate changes as required
- Undertake engineering management of the system/equipment manufacture
- Undertake the integration and validation of the system/equipment design including contributing to the integration and validation plans and reports
- Support systems/equipment qualification activities to ensure that the product meets all requirements including safety and regulatory requirements
- Participate in problem identification and analysis
- Selection and use of appropriate tools to develop and analyse electrical circuits and design
As the ideal applicant you will have:
Electronic and/ or electrical engineering or technology qualified
Satisfies requirements for membership of Institute of Engineers Australia and working towards meeting the requirements for Chartered Professional Engineer status
Demonstrated experience within the engineering discipline
Experience developing simple electronic/ electrical equipment designs, participating in design reviews, undertaking typical design analyses and implementing electrical solutions, its integration, validation and qualification testing
Utilise design capture and analysis tools effectively to produce high-quality designs and products including interpretation of analysis results
Good communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with engineers within the project
Ability to function confidently within a project team environment with good problem solving skills
Ability to travel when required interstate
Experience in some the following technologies (desirable)
Design analysis techniques
Development tools, etc
Power generation and distribution
Circuit Protection, Earthing Systems, Control circuit design
Electrical Industry standards
Electromagnetic interference (EMI) and electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) solutions and compliance
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications can be addressed to: Sharryn Salkilld – Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.