Location: North Ryde
Job Type: Full time
- Be part of the next generation of Defence capability delivery
- Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture where we strive to make every individual feel valued
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Mechatronics Engineer on the Mine Hunter Coastal (MHC) Project, this role is based in SYD with options of 9 day fortnight and hybrid working model.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
The Mechatronics Engineer is responsible for providing Hardware and Software Engineering services that are accurate, safe, and to approved standards for the development or modification of equipment, systems and/ or materials that make up the MHC Tactical Data System (TDS). The role also requires a technical interface with the broader cross discipline teams, sustainment and procurement personnel and external suppliers.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing Hardware and Software Engineering sustainment services
- Undertake system and/or equipment requirements analysis and participate in requirements reviews
- Develop system and/or equipment architectural designs to meet an established set of requirements, including participating in engineering design reviews
- Undertake typical analyses to determine the strengths and weaknesses of a number of candidate equipment solutions
- Develop optimised mechatronics system and/or equipment detail designs and present the designs in design reviews and undertake mechatronics system and/ or equipment detailed design analysis to determine the strengths and weaknesses of a number of candidate solutions
- Software development, including new features, defects and regular maintenance
- Undertake integration and validation of the system and/or equipment design including contributing to the integration and validation plans and reports
- Maintaining the product baseline
- Respond to system defects through fault analysis and rectification on operational systems
- Using test equipment to perform LRU level fault finding
- Generate Survey and Quote for hardware repair activities
- Coaching, mentoring and assisting others on matters pertaining to the mechatronics engineering discipline area
As the ideal applicant you will have:
Bachelor's Degree in Mechatronics Engineering
Minimum 4 years experience in a similar role and the ability to satisfy requirements for membership of the Institute of Engineers Australia (IEAust)
Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively and technically communicate with Engineers and Project Management within the project
Ability to function confidently within a project team environment, remain self-motivated and have excellent problem solving skills
Ability to train and mentor more junior engineers through good team building skills
Experience in the relevant following technologies, design analysis techniques, development tools, dependent on role:
Unix C programming
Scripting (Bash, CSH, Powershell, Perl)
Strong understanding of quality management and quality assurance principles
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications can be addressed to: Sharryn Salkilld – Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.