Project Engineering Manager
Location: North Ryde
Job Type: Full time
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have a unique opportunity within our Battle Space Integrated Solutions Business based out of North Ryde or the City Office New South Wales for a Project Engineering Manager.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World-class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
In your new role as Project Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for delivering the engineering outputs of the project within the triple constraints of quality, cost and schedule. In doing this, the Project Engineering Manager is responsible for ensuring the engineering outputs are developed in accordance with the approved company standard procedures and processes and meet the agreed operational needs of the customer.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Estimating, resourcing and delivery of the engineering effort required for the technical solution. The Engineering Manager develops tactical plans for the execution of the technical aspects of the program in accordance with the approved schedule. The PEM formulates the technical approach to the work to be performed, assigns and manages the resources to execute the work.
- Monitoring the progress of the engineering program and implementing corrective actions where necessary.
- Management and review of Product Safety program including working groups
- Supporting the Project Manager with Monthly Project Performance reviews
- Representing the project at Formal customer project reviews
- Managing the ILS program
- Working with Project Office stakeholders to develop deliverables/progress meetings
- Oversight of Site Installation activities
- Technical Risk Management
- Ensuring an effective Verification and Validation program
- Developing Survey and Quote packages
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- Substantial experience within the a project Engineering management position
- A relevant tertiary Engineering qualification or similar
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge and experience with ICT integration
- Experience with Microsoft Project managing project with EVM
- Experience with Windchill highly desirable
- Experience with IBM Rational DOORS
- Knowledge of ATM VOIP standards and RF(VHF/UHF)
- Knowledge of Software Defined Radios highly desirable
- NV1 Security clearance
- Australian citizenship
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you do not meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications can be addressed to Jason Lemmon and made online.
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.