Job Type: Full time
- Be part of the next generation of Defence capability delivery
- 9 day fortnight and flexible work arrangements
- Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture where we strive to make every individual feel valued
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have a new opportunity for a Structural Engineer on the Hunter Class Project. This role based in Osborne, South Australia with the option of a 9-day fortnight and a hybrid working model.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
The Structural Engineer is accountable for the design and development of structural systems in accordance with the contractual and Company requirements in order to achieve the required business performance. This involves the design, development and verification of design artefacts, planning and coordination of designs, production support and product delivery to schedule and cost goals.
Your key responsibilities will include (however not limited to):
- Develop concepts to structural problems and manage own elements of Engineering work package
- Undertake structural optimised designs to meet project requirements and in accordance with applicable Standards and Design Directives.
- Undertake checking of drawings and calculations undertaken by fellow team members.
- Conduct safe designs and review performance and functioning of the product.
- Undertake site inspections and verifications as required.
- Manage structural tasks of assigned projects in accordance with budget, schedule and priority.
- Coordinate the structural efforts for the assigned projects and effectively utilise the expertise of senior/specialist engineers towards achieving efficient and economic structural solutions.
- Attend project meetings, design reviews and peer review project documents as required.
- Attend and coordinate production queries and respond them in a timely manner after conducting necessary structural assessments. Incorporate post design changes as required from production department or client
- Ensure all documents and artefacts generated within own sphere of responsibility are completed and managed in accordance with appropriate standard procedures and work instructions including compliance with the required product change management and quality control processes.
As the ideal applicant you will have:
- Civil/Naval Architecture/Aerospace/Mechanical degree qualified and satisfying the requirements for membership of the Institute of Engineers Australia
- Experience as a professional Engineer, with demonstrated experience in structural Engineering, preferably within Naval/ Maritime Industry
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis of structures (highly desirable) specifically, Hyperworks package (desirable).
- Proficient in structural designs, participation in design reviews, undertaking typical design analyses and implementation of solutions, their integration, validation and qualification testing.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills with the confidence to seek advice when required
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and works persistently to exceed basic requirements
- Adapts readily to changes in task requirements and priorities with the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications can be addressed to: Sharryn Salkilld – Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.