IT Technical Support Officer
Job Type: Full time
- Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Work on exciting projects and emerging technologies across the business
- Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have a new opportunity for a Technical Support Officer to join our Information Management and Technology (IM&T) team,based in Osbourne, SA.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
Responsible for providing technical IM&T support to customers and the business.
Key responsibilities will see you:
- Provide technical support for the customer's extensive computing fleet: infrastructure, mobile fleet, Personal Device Assets and Video Conferencing technologies
- Troubleshoot and provide information to enable resolution on support requests and promptly allocate unresolved calls as appropriate
- Receive and handle requests for support, following agreed procedures and within Service Level Agreement (SLA) guidelines
- Installation and configuration of desktop hardware, software & peripherals device in a network environment, assisting in packaging of applications using a prescribed framework
- Manage customer expectations for the resolution of outstanding incident and service requests, advising customers in a timely manner of system downtime or interruptions
- Create and maintain process instructions and relevant documentation
- Work with the Asset Management team to ensure all IT assets are properly tracked
- Complete system administration and classified duties as required
- Alert the customer or business to potential, or known problems that affect the quality of services provided
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Previous experience in an IT support services role
- Experience working within a large multinational corporation
- A good understanding of MS operating systems and business applications
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and deadlines
- A focus on achieving objectives and working as part of a team
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role. Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications can be addressed to: Rajshri Rawal (Raj) – Talent Acquisition Team Lead - Technology and made online here.
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.