People Business Partners - Maritime Sustainment
Job Type: Full time
- All Systems GO!
- Join a world leader in Defence who are committed to leading contemporary HR solutions in a growth context
- Full time, part time or flexible work arrangements available - parental leave contracts
We have exciting opportunities for two experienced People Business Partners who are passionate about making a difference to join our Maritime Sustainment HR team, based in Henderson WA, on a 12 month parental leave contract.
The Maritime Sustainment business provides Capability Life Cycle Management engineering, maintenance and In Life Support for ANZAC Class Ships, the Hobart Class Destroyers and Hydrographic Ships. There are approximately 700 employees who support the WAMA Alliance across engineering, project management, functional support and trades, located at our offices in Henderson, Melbourne and Rockingham.
Reporting to the People Lead, you will work closely with our business leaders across the Maritime Sustainment business to deliver people initiatives related to the strategic plan, including retention, diversity and inclusion and engagement.
Key responsibilities will see you:
- Embedding people strategy elements such as talent management, succession planning, workforce planning and leadership coaching within your portfolio by providing high impact support and the implementation of solutions across the entire employee lifecycle
- Being the operational interface between the business and the People Organisation
- Executing projects of work within your portfolio that aligns to the strategic direction of the business
- Coaching leaders within your portfolio by providing advice to identify, prioritise and build organisational capabilities, behaviours, structures and processes
- EBA interpretation, management of union relationships and rights of entry to site.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Experience in a HR business partnering or similar role
- A tertiary qualification in Human Resources or related field
- Previous experience working with blue collar trades in heavy manufacturing/construction industry
- A strong understanding of, and experience in industrial relations is preferred
- Demonstrated capability in conflict management
- Experience in managing multiple business and functional priorities
- Effective stakeholder management skills and ability to build strong relationships
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As a Defence security clearance may be required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Applications can be addressed to: Sinead Booth – Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: Sinead.email@example.com
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to respond to every applicant.