Mechanical Trade Trainer
Job Type: Full time
Be part of the next generation of defence capability delivery
Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture where we strive to make every individual feel valued
At BAE Systems, we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Mechanical Trade Trainer within Maritime Australia based in Osborne South Australia working within the Hunterclass Frigate Program
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- Excellent career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
The Trades Trainer reporting to the relevant Trade Manager will ensure that the Trades workforce is Suitably Qualified and Experienced.
Deliver training utilising contemporary learning, teaching and assessment strategies to enable all learners to fulfil business and individual requirements while developing the skills, knowledge and behaviours of the trade's workforce to successfully progress through the business.
Coach trades people and apprentices to reach their full potential by providing support and mentoring and drive motivation throughout all aspects of the learning journey.
Assess and monitor learner progress and performance in line with business requirements and apprentice frameworks/standards.
Provide regular reporting on evaluation of learner performance and provide ongoing validation of training programs
As an applicant for this opportunity, you will have:
- Demonstrated successful subject matter expertise in relevant industry
- Relevant experience working in the Defence industry
- Relevant trade specific training as required by Trade manager
- Must hold a relevant Cert III or equivalent Trades Certificate or higher relevant to the position
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training, Assessment and Evaluation or its successor or equivalent qualification or skills sets as outlined by Australian Skills Quality Authority Framework (ASQA). Or willing to undertake and achieve
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you do not meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications can be addressed to Peter Smith Talent Engagement Specialist CCA and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.