Senior Quality Technician
Job Type: Full time
- Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Work in a team leading the upgrade of a state of the art surveillance defence system
- Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture where we strive to make every individual feel valued
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Quality Technician working in the Battlespace Integrated Solutions team in Adelaide.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
Jorn (Jindalee Operational Radar Network) is a state-of-the-art defence system providing wide-area surveillance that plays a vital role in supporting the Australian Defence Force's air and maritime operations, border protection, disaster relief and rescue operations.
Working in the JORN operations team, the Senior Quality Technician will provide support and guidance to the delivery of a broad range of planned quality activities designed to provide assurance to management that quality practices are being effectively deployed across the project and line of business.
More specifically, this role will see you:
- Contribute to the quality policy, strategy, objectives and processes in your day to day work
- Coordinate stakeholders to ensure quality has an effective input to total performance
- Understand quality practices and the code of conduct
- Support the delivery of quality focused process improvement projects or within work teams as directed
- Ensure the accuracy and currency of Objective Quality Evidence relating to the project, site, team, product, process and service
- Support understanding and awareness of quality tools and techniques across the business area
- Support and assist in Quality Planning activities in the business area, including associated assurance activities as directed
- Support the timely and effective completion of quality audits.
You will have demonstrated experience in a Quality Technician role with experience in mechanical/electrical/electronic manufacturing and a sound knowledge of engineering drawings and specifications.
As an applicant for this opportunity, you will also have the ability to:
- Interpret specifications and engineering drawings, including geometric tolerances
- Be able to inspect parts using standard measuring techniques
- Undertake Test Witnessing, Functional and Physical Configuration Audits
- Interact effectively with peers within and outside the immediate team, to implement business improvement requirements
- Work under your own initiative to deliver outputs to time, quality and cost
- Use good written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate MS Office skills, especially in Word and Excel
- Understand Quality practices and continuous improvement
- Familiarity of ISO9001, Defence and Civil Technical Regulatory
- Frameworks requirements
Whilst not essential a trade background in mechanical/electrical/electronic, formal training or a technical qualification (e.g. IPC610/620) in quality related subjects would be highly regarded.
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications can be addressed to: Ayesha Rahaman, Talent Acquisition Team Lead and made online here.
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.