Senior Platform Engineer
Job Type: Full time
- Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Ongoing training and career development, the chance to build on your career
- Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture where we strive to make every individual feel valued
At BAE Systems, we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this, we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have a new opportunity for as Senior Platform Engineer within our Hunter Business, based in Osborne SA.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
World-class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
You will be able to benefit from our flexible working arrangements, including hybrid working, nine day fortnights and recently expanded leave policy
Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
In your new role, as Senior Platform Engineer, Aviation you will be an essential capability for modern naval ships that requires the integration of ship/aviation support equipment and systems to ensure safe and reliable operations.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Taking ownership of design and integration solutions for ship aviation systems and equipment within the major design zones, including but not limited to: Aircraft handling system, visual landing aids, hangar crane, aviation equipment stowage, AVCAT fuel system, etc.
- Developing and managing of requirements and safety, certification evidence in support of key Aviation and programme technical processes, procedures and legislation
- Delivering of Engineering changes to supporting systems and services and co-ordination of inputs across design zones, domains and the maturity process
- Liaising with external agencies (the customer, approval authorities & suppliers) to deliver BAE Systems Surface Ships outputs and the wider project milestones with budget and to schedule responsibility
- Producing design and contracting documentation (TESs, SOWs, DRGs) and manage supplier reports, CDRLS and DRGs
- Supporting the Engineering Manager with leadership, task planning, delivery and resource management
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- A Degree or equivalent qualification/experience in Mechanical/Aerospace/Marine/Systems Engineering
- Demonstrate a strong design background in complex engineering projects
- Experience with CAD & 3D modelling software and Engineering Lifecycle management
- Strong understanding of Detail Design, Requirements and Certification
- Ability to propose and develop robust design concepts e.g. Spatial and layout designs, equipment and systems integration.
- Knowledge of naval aviation is desirable, but is not essential
- Previous Engineering Management and leadership experience
- Possess some experience of working with defence standards
- Working towards, or hold IEng or CEng professional status
- Strong communication skills
- Baseline clearance ideally, or be a citizen with the ability to gain security clearance.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.