Location: Oaks Estate
Job Type: Full time
All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
Join an established team of highly experienced and technical professionals
Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have a number of exciting opportunities as an Algorithm Engineer all around Australia.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
Red Ochre LABS is BAE Systems Australia's hub for collaboration with industry, Defence and academia to develop new, world leading sovereign disruptive technologies to meet the future requirements of the Australian Defence Force. Find out more here
The Red Ochre LABS identity unites our technical experts who work across different states, sites and projects, but collectively are deeply committed to delivering world-leading strategic technology advancement.
In this role you will:
- Design, model and verify algorithms to control complex systems
- Undertake the analysis of simulations and models to define and characterise the platform being controlled and its components
- Perform system engineering activities including requirements management, candidate solution development, system design, system analysis, integration, system tests, acceptance tests and certification
- Undertake the verification and the validation of the models
- Develop and execute system and component tests to ensure that the implemented designs conform to their specifications
- Support field test activities for the systems
- Maintain the designs and documentations in accordance with configuration management, change management and traceability processes
- Independently review peers' work, identify technical risks and unknowns and support planning activities
As an ideal fit for this type of opportunity, you will:
- Have the ability to obtain an Australian Defence Clearance
- Have completed an Engineering Degree - Mechatronics / Aerospace / Software
- Be able to collaborate, leveraging experience from others and digest insights from multiple perspectives
- Be confident in pushing the boundaries and trying new things, even if there is a risk of failure
- Confidently deal with ambiguity as we explore new ideas
Applications should be addressed to: Ben Woodrow, Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: Ben.Woodrow@baesystems.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au