Platform Electrician (G6)
Job Type: Full time
Perform purposeful work of national significance
Ongoing training and career development, the chance to build on your career
Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture where we strive to make every individual feel valued
At BAE Systems, we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this, we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. Apply your talent where it counts as an Electrical Platform Technician in in our team in Henderson, Perth, on a permanent and full time basis.
Applications are now sought from qualified electrical platform technicians to join our Technical Services team and provide their technical expertise on the Anzac naval ship program within our Maritime Sustainment business. Reporting to the Platform Technician Team Leader, you will have the opportunity to join a united and engaging team, and utilise your technical skills to provide a valuable contribution.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World-class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Key responsibilities will be:
- Install, repair and commission complex Anzac ship platform systems
- Perform electrical fault finding on ship platform systems
- Perform defect analysis, resolution and provide detailed technical reports
- Assist in the design, construction, testing, set to work and the acceptance of ship platform systems
- Travel interstate to undertake installation and maintenance tasks and support ship platform sea trials
- Prepare and develop technical documentation including test procedures and reports
- Prepare technical details to enable responses to tenders and quotations
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- Electrical platform technician experience with a good understanding of mechanical applications
- Technical expertise on naval/maritime ship platforms coupled with experience in steering and stabiliser systems or HVAC systems
- Diploma or certificate in an electrical discipline
- The ability to travel interstate to undertake technical tasks and support ship platform sea trials
- Sound fault finding techniques with the ability to diagnose and rectify complex technical problems
- Attention to detail, good communication skills with the ability to develop effective relationships with stakeholders
- NV1 clearance ideally
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.