Senior Procurement and Subcontracts Officer
Location: Potts Point
Job Type: Full time
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence capability delivery
- Champion the enterprise wide collaboration from an experience working in a varied and exciting blend of continuous improvement and supply chain application capability project
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have a unique opportunity as a Senior Procurement and Subcontracts Officer within our Maritime Australia based in Garden Island, NSW.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
Your new role:
Reporting to the Supply Support Manager, you will be responsible for the establishment, placement and management of the appropriate contracting arrangements with capable suppliers for the DDG Program to deliver cost, schedule, quality and safety requirements of the business, through effective relationship and performance management, maximize value and minimize risk.
More specifically, you will have:
- Proactively manage the performance of key DDG Program suppliers to achieve the requirements of the contract from a schedule, cost and quality perspective
- Developing and embedding relevant KPIs and managing the required program workbooks and ensure adherence to the individuals contract
- Aid the end-to-end procurement process of negotiations, bids, tenders to meet with requirements and commercial terms, through to finalising Supplier Agreements, managing purchase orders in accordance with procedures and DOA
- Ensure adherence to contractual obligations through effective commercial management, including management of purchase orders, payments, claims, warranties, cash flow, and flow down of contract amendments
- Support the development of robust supplier sourcing recommendation and strategies for the business and implement cost saving initiatives
- Facilitate and maintain effective working relationships with suppliers to ensure capability and efficiency, engaging with key stakeholders to ensure a comprehensive and coordinated approach while managing risks and opportunity
- Provide support to the management of cross business commodities and subcontracts management including reports management
- Generate and manage the Lifecycle Management (LCM) Procurement Plan and Subcontract Management plan where appropriate
- Deputise for the Procurement and Sub Contracts Manager as required; Lead, manage and develop team members to deliver the required capability to meet business needs
- Implement and follow the procurement policies and processes as determined by the Procurement function, ensuring compliance with the relevant acts, legal demands and ethical standards
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience in procurement and/or commercial with some exposure in development and negotiation of straightforward contracts
- An ability to run reports and interpret data and a strong team member with sound commercial acumen
- Well organised, thorough and professional approach, together with a high degree of motivation, initiative, flexibility and enthusiasm
- An ability to show initiative, prioritise and drive to deliver against customer requirements
- Strong collaborative communicator with a ‘Self- Starter' attitude and the ability to engage and influence effectively within a wide range of external/internal stakeholders and customers
Whilst not essential, degree qualification in commerce, law, project management or engineering or studying towards with a professional procurement qualification like MCIPS accreditation is desirable
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Lisa Mitchell, Talent Acquisition Specialist - Professionals and made online here.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au