Senior Project Accountant
Job Type: Full time
- Perform purposeful work of national significance
- An exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Accountant to join our team based in Osborne, SA or Melbourne, VIC
- Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture where we strive to make every individual feel valued
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have a new exciting opportunity as a Senior Project Accountant (Supply Chain) within the Hunter Class Frigate Program based in Osborne, SA or Melbourne, VIC. Enjoy our hybrid working arrangement and 9 days a fortnight full time working arrangements are on offer.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
As a Senior Project Accountant, you will support the Finance Manager in maintaining the financial functions within the project to ensure integrity and transparency of financial data to facilitate planning and decision-making.
In more specific terms you will:
- Providing commercial / financial support, advice, direction and decision support to the Supply Chain
- Ensure we have a robust and affordable cost estimate for Supply Chain
- Positive influence to Supply Chain project team and engage actively / effectively in supporting the Supply Chain execute against their plan.
- Support supply Chain with price breakdown analysis, understand subcontractor Leverage assessment and identify opportunities to improve value
- Provide Supplier cost clarifications prior to negotiations, value analysis and focus on identifying and securing cost savings.
- Business Partner with Subcontract Managers
- Support wider finance team with key Supply Chain metrics and reporting to customer
As an applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- A degree qualification
- A member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (Chartered Accountant) or CPA Australia
- Demonstrated experience in a finance related role
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience in a large project environment (desirable)
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications can be addressed to: Merissa Matthews – Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here.
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.