Senior Project Accountant
Job Type: Full time
- Perform purposeful work of national significance
- An exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Accountant to join our team based in Osborne, SA
- Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture where we strive to make every individual feel valued
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have a new exciting opportunity as a Senior Project Accountant within the Hunter Class Frigate Program based in Osborne, South Australia. Enjoy our hybrid working arrangement and 9 days a fortnight full time working arrangements are on offer.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
As a Senior Project Accountant, you will support the Finance Manager in maintaining the financial functions within the project to ensure integrity and transparency of financial data to facilitate planning and decision-making.
In more specific terms you will:
- Be responsible for providing support for x2 Project Accountant Direct Reports on their delivery of objectives whilst guiding development
- Preparation, delivery and co-ordination of Allowable Cost Reviews with our Commonwealth customer
- Ensure compliance to corporate guidelines, policies and procedures as well as accounting standards and legislation
- Provide assistance to Finance Manager and Accounting Managers as required
- Assist in the improvement of financial and project related processes, to achieve accurate, timely and efficient reporting to support informed decision making
- Co-ordinate and assist in the preparation and review of project annual budgets, 5 year Integrated Business Plans and monthly forecasting
As an applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- A degree qualification
- A member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (Chartered Accountant) or CPA Australia
- Demonstrated experience in a finance related role
- The ability to work collaboratively with internal stakeholders and members of the broader finance team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience in a large project environment (desirable)
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications can be addressed to: Merissa Matthews – Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here.
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.