Senior Power Generation Engineer
Job Type: Full time
All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
Grow, learn and develop with some of Australia's finest defence professionals
Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity as Senior Power Generation Engineer within our Battlespace Integrated Solutions based at SA-DSTG.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognised in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
For decades JORN - a network of three over the horizon radars - has been the technological Holy Grail for many engineers and is considered one of Australia's greatest defence triumphs. You can learn more about the JORN program and listen to this exciting Australian story in the podcast Technically Possible - World-leading Tech in the Aussie Outback.
As the Senior Power Generation Engineer within JORN you will be accountable for the leadership, design and development of Power Generation systems and Sub-Systems and/or equipment in accordance with the contractual and Company requirements in order to achieve the required business performance.
Reporting to the Power and System's Team Lead, you will be responsible for:
Development, review and execution of Electrical Engineering Design Documentation and Capability Roadmaps
Acting as a Team Subject Matter Expert for Power Generation
Being the main point of contact with customers and/or suppliers in assigned areas on engineering matters, to resolve relatively complex problems and issues and to maintain awareness in both parties of priorities and objectives
Management and Co-ordination of External Design Projects
Development of Labour and Material Estimates
Mentoring new and junior engineers of the Power and Systems team as assigned by the Team Lead
Electrical engineering technical projects include (not limited to):
Inverter based resource system design, including energy storage solutions and performance analysis
Multi-Generator System Design
Renewable energy generation analysis, design and integration
Generator Control System Design
High Voltage System Design
Low Voltage System Design
Instrumentation and Control Design
Earthing System Design and Testing
Condition Based Monitoring
Arc Flash Assessments
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Power and/or electrical engineering or technology degree qualified or equivalent experience, satisfying the requirements for membership and to achieve Charted Professional Engineer (CPEng) through Engineers Australia
- Significant demonstrated experience and understanding of Electrical / Power Generation concepts
- Experience in the development, installation and commissioning of low voltage power systems.
- Experience with micro-grid generation solutions comprising of diesel engine, inverters, and energy storage systems will be favourable
- Experience developing detailed engineering work packages
- A basic understanding of power system dynamics (transient response), and harmonics is desirable.
- Ability to negotiate and influence internal and/or external stakeholders in a way which generates business benefit whilst maintaining key relationships
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Ben Woodrow Talent Acquisition Specialist- Engineering and made online here.
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au