Job Type: Full time
All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of Defence technology
Opportunity to join Australia's largest Defence company
Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Software Engineer within the ESSM Software team at Richmond - Victoria.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Work within a multidiscipline team to develop software for bespoke automated test equipment used in production acceptance testing
- Take guidance and collaborate with immediate software team members as well as engaging with other team members outside of the software discipline to develop the best overall solution for the project
- Take requirements and conceptual design through to detail design and implementation
- User interface design and development
- Interface with drivers and API for COTS hardware items
- Develop and integrate software solution onto the target hardware platform
- Identify and document bugs, develop solutions and implement fixes
- Interpret requirements to develop verification test plans and procedures
- Involvement with formal software sell off activities
- Create software user and operator manuals
- Be involved with the set to work and training of end users on the system
- Work within the company mandated engineering lifecycle management and configuration management frameworks
Your new role:
As a result of the growth within our business, we are seeking experienced Software Engineers to join our team.
As a Software Engineer, you will bring with you demonstrated previous skills and experience in the development of specialised software systems.
Within our ESSM software team, you'll have an opportunity to work on areas such as mission-critical and safety-critical software development, UX design and development, and hands-on laboratory-based integration and testing, whilst utilising systems and software engineering best practices. We have a growing team with the opportunity to constantly learn and carve out your niche in an area that interests you.
- Demonstrated experience in software engineering
- Demonstrated development experiences and knowledge with C++, C#, .Net Core, WPF, MySQL, Hardware Integration
- GUI/MVVM experience using C# or hardware interface experience using C++
- Strong communication skills and problem solving skills
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Ben Woodrow Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here.
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au