Talent Acquisition Specialist
Job Type: Full time
- Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Excellent opportunity to join our progressive team and explore the world of defence talent
- Enjoy flexibility in the form of hybrid working and a rostered day off each fortnight, a fabulous team culture and an environment that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have six months fixed term contract opportunity for driven Talent Acquisition Specialist to be based either in Adelaide or Melbourne. Hybrid working arrangement and nine days a fortnight full time working arrangements are on offer for the right talent.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
Reporting to the Talent Acquisition Team Lead, you will be responsible work in partnership with our technology, engineering or professional services stakeholders to attract, identify, source and secure the best available talent aligned to the business demand.
This also includes developing consultative relationship with the internal stakeholders whilst assisting the line managers, employees and external candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.
- Develop and foster relationships with internal stakeholders in order to understand resourcing profiles and subsequently plan for and deliver against the recruitment needs
- Identify , attract, cultivate and maintain diverse talent pools ensuring the active engagement for current and future opportunities and provide exceptional candidate care by providing timely updates and feedback throughout the recruitment process
- Assist in the selection of the most appropriate applicants by participating in and applying consistent screening, interviewing and selection processes
- Ensure interview and selection panel members are familiar with recruitment processes, coach where necessary and ensure that processes are applied in a fair and equitable manner
- Provide advice and guidance to the business on best practice recruitment and processes
- Conduct necessary candidate background and pre-employment checks
- Represent BAE Systems at careers events, exhibitions, functions etc., as required
- Uphold the BAE Systems brand through positive and timely interactions with candidates and talent communities
- Executive recruitment campaigns in line with business strategy
- Contribute to process development, continuous improvement and team projects
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you will have;
- Demonstrated experience in previous talent acquisition related roles gained in an in-house recruitment team or through an agency
- Experience recruiting across a number of different disciplines including engineering, technology, project management and professional services
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact, influence and negotiate as required
- Professional and creative writing skills with sound knowledge of employment processes and legislative requirements
- Customer service/ stakeholder management focused with the ability to build and maintain trusting and enduring relationships
- Excellent time management skills and a true sense of urgency coupled with an ability to multi task and manage conflicting priorities
- A high level of personal drive and determination with the ability to work autonomously but also collaboratively within a team environment
- If you're an engineer or technology professional looking for a change, maybe talent acquisition is an option worth exploring
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications can be addressed to: Rajshri Rawal (Raj), Talent Acquisition Team Lead – Technology & PM and made online here.
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.