Location: Williamtown RAAF
Job Type: Full time
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Utilise your technical expertise and make a meaningful contribution on Defence Aviation projects
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have a unique opportunity as an Aviation Technical Trainer within our Aerospace business based in Williamtown (Newcastle), New South Wales.
Your new role:
Due to internal promotion a position has arisen for an experienced Aviation Technical Trainer to demonstrate their training and aircraft technical expertise and partner with our Aerospace business on the Hawk Lead-in Fighter (LIF) aircraft program. You will be part of an inclusive and supportive team, performing interesting work and support the business in developing a technical workforce that meets current and future business objectives.
These opportunities will see you:
- Deliver technical training, including workplace inductions, utilising contemporary learning and assessment strategies, while adapting to different learning styles
- Plan and conduct technical assessments, including the verification of competencies
- Provide constructive feedback to assessment candidates
- Contribute to the design and development of training and assessment content
- Provide mentoring support to workforce
- Contribute to configuration management of technical training material
- Prepare training materials and undertake technical writing activities
- Provide information and advice on training and assessment services
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) (essential)
- Experience working within a DASA/CASA Pt145 and/or Pt147 organisation
- Aviation technical experience
- Experience with training and learning management systems including training design
- Ability to adapt your delivery style to suit the learner's needs
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and support technical workforce
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and ideally hold a current Baseline clearance or have the ability to obtain a Baseline clearance. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable for this role and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role. Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Jarryd Clifton, Talent Acquisition Specialist – and made online here. Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process. We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/bae-systems To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au