Project Engineering Manager
Job Type: Full time
- Be part of the next generation of defence capability delivery
- Excellent opportunity to join and lead the dynamic team of highly experienced and technical professionals
- Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture where we strive to make every individual feel valued
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Project Engineering Manager within our Red Ochre Autonomy and Sensors Business Unit. This position is preferred to be based in Adelaide, however we will also consider applicants from Melbourne. Hybrid working and access to 9 day fortnight full time working arrangements are on offer.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
Reporting to the Technical and Engineering Services (TES) Manager, you will be responsible for delivering the engineering outputs of the project within the triple constraints of quality, cost and schedule.
You will be responsible for the management, estimating, resourcing and delivery of the engineering effort required for the project technical solutions.
More specifically, you will be responsible for
- The development and steering of plans for effective and efficient execution of the technical aspects of tasks and projects in accordance with the approved schedule
- Monitoring the progress of the engineering program and implementing corrective actions where necessary
- Management and review of the Product Safety program including System Safety working groups, internal and external
- Supporting the Project Managers with regular Project Performance reviews
- Provide regular technical updates and resolution of actions to multiple customers
- Management and guidance to the ILS, Mechanical, Electrical, Configuration, FSR and Design teams, ensuring effective execution of projects
- Oversight of site installation and testing activities
- Technical, product and personnel safety risk management
- Guidance and management of Verification and Validation programs
As an applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience in Team Leadership and Team Management of a mid-large sized project
- Formal Engineering qualification and significant experience in at least one Engineering Discipline, e.g. Mechanical
- Chartered Professional Engineer status or commitment to obtain within 12 months of appointment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills, and the ability to lead and guide group problem solving processes
- Knowledge of systems engineering and integration processes
- Ability to partner with and maintain relationships with key stakeholders to obtain the necessary deliverables
Whilst not essential, experience working in a defence environment is desirable.
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.