Job Type: Full time
- Perform purposeful work of national significance
- An exciting opportunity for a Management Accountant to join our team based in Flinders Street, Adelaide
- Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture where we strive to make every individual feel valued
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have a new opportunity as a Management Accountant within our finance team based in Adelaide, SA.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
As a Management Accountant, you will be responsible to provide financial support and advice to all corporate functions of BAE Systems, Australia whilst meeting all the internal and external reporting requirements.
More specifically, you will:
- Prepare monthly financial reports and variance analysis by function to ensure timely preparation of quality reports
- Assist in the preparation, submission and integrity of monthly consolidated financial reports
- Review of actuals for reasonableness with large variances amended or understood prior to submission
- Review and challenge the appropriateness of forecasts/spend to date at monthly meetings with the functions; develop corrective actions plans with them and ensure these are followed up
- Provide financial advice and training to finance staff across functions and follow up any financial queries raised
- Prepare integrated business plan information and assist with audit requirements
- Assist the Accounting Manager in ensuring compliance with accounting standards and internal financial policies manual including investigating the implications and providing advice on how the business should account for items
As an applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- A Degree qualification in relevant field and or working towards a CA or CPA qualification
- Demonstrated experience in management accounting or public practice environment
- Highly developed skills in analysis and interpretation of financial results
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to take ownership of task and embrace change
- Strong stakeholder management skills with high level of personal integrity, initiative and motivation
- Microsoft Office skills are essential and exposure to Oracle ERP is desirable
As Defence security clearance may be required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Applications can be addressed to: Merissa Matthews and made online here.
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.